(EMPIRE Games @Barclays) Syracuse, Tue., Nov. 22, 9:30p, ESPN-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s early in the season for the NET to be too telling but…St John’s up 5 spots in the NET to 64. Syracuse up 3 spots to 83 for those who like me are interested in that sort of thing. In KenPom Johnnies at 34, Cuse at 58.

The best way to beat a “zone’ defense is to not allow them to get into the zone in the first place. Press the ball, push the tempo. Easier said than done but we need Curbelo and Posh to control the game.

As for Girard, Posh or Curbelo must stay with him at all times. He is a good set shooter from 3 but is slow and really is not creating on his own. Forget help defense shadow him and we take his effectiveness away.

Sycruse has a super talented freshman pg but he loves to over dribble and gets sloppy w/ the ball. I think he is going to be a turnover machine tonight which is going to lead to some big plays for the Johnnies.

It’s early in the season for the NET to be too telling but…St John’s up 5 spots in the NET to 64. Syracuse up 3 spots to 83 for those who like me are interested in that sort of thing. In KenPom Johnnies at 34, Cuse at 58.
Good stuff Queens!

On the NET topic, did Adam never make it over to the new site?

My pet peeve is when people try to do things they are simply not capable of on a team sport. Curbelo is a little careless but he is not doing things he can’t do. Thought Posh took some shots he is not capable of making but again he does so many other things.
Wusu simply does not learn from his mistakes. Play D, when open shoot a three. Not a great shooter but I am ok with that shot. Wusu driving to the basket is a very low % shot. Has a 1 inch vertical.

My pet peeve is when people try to do things they are simply not capable of on a team sport. Curbelo is a little careless but he is not doing things he can’t do. Thought Posh took some shots he is not capable of making but again he does so many other things.
Wusu simply does not learn from his mistakes. Play D, when open shoot a three. Not a great shooter but I am ok with that shot. Wusu driving to the basket is a very low % shot. Has a 1 inch vertical.
You get an air ball from 3 and a charge called against him every game. Its uncanny how this happens every game.

I agree w/ the earlier poster. More storr and less wusu.

Syracuse senior center (6'11") a proven legit shot blocker (3 per game last year, 3.5 this year to date) so Wusu definitely needs to stick to the spot up three when he's in there lol. We need to get out and run before Cuse can set defense and look for spot up threes in half court offense with Jones, Storr, Mathis & Wusu.

it is called dribble penetrate against the zone, come to a jump stop/play off 2 feet and make them pay by playing from the inside out!!!! Check Villanova against the 2-3 D.

I want Curbelo on the foul line --passing or quick drive !
Another option, but having watched him now a bit I always worry about the overall decision-making. But I think they will rotate multiple guys through that role. Wusu possibly as well. Maybe even Mathis with how he's been playing although I see him potentially more on the corner/wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back