(EMPIRE Games @Barclays) Syracuse, Tue., Nov. 22, 9:30p, ESPN-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team has a certain poise to them that even in the chaos of the game, has enabled them to stay in games, and pull them out.

Gutty performance. Belo had his best game to date. Not afraid to take a chance. Shot is looking good right now. If this holds.. holy sh*t.. steal of the off-season. I said it before, Curbelo is one of the biggest keys this season. Gives us another dimension we havent had, and takes pressure off of Posh. Love how his confidence is so high right now.

Some players you live with the good and the bad because of what they bring to the table. Belo and Jones are prime examples. Both have big balls, and aren’t afraid of the moment. This team has fed off that these past 2 games.

Not enthused about DJ taking 25 shots, but we need him to score. And he has the capability of getting hot quick. And he’s tough as 💩! Brings a lot of intangibles to This team far past his scoring.

Joel is playing the best ball of his career. He’s playing the best ball he’s ever played, and his confidence is sky high.

Montez/Dylan/Posh absolutely locked their guards up in the second half. We are getting more and more stingy on defense. This team already knows its identity, and CMA does too.

Omar gave us solid mins in the second half. Love the way he mixes it up. Can’t wait for Nywie to get all the way back.

This team hasn’t played close to its best basketball, yet have been able to win close games. These guys don’t panic. It’s remarkable to see. But CMA doesn’t panic either.

We’re just getting started. And it’s scary cause we will improve. Become more efficient. Bench will develop. We’re tough. And now we can make the plays to close games.

Time to light the city up!

I have noticed 2 big changes in CMA this year:

1- Hes not subbing nearly as much as previous seasons. It was meddening in the past how he subbed guys in and out every 2 minutes. Guys could never get in a flow nor build chemistry with the guys they are on the floor with. This year, the starters are playing the bulk of the minutes. And that is they way it should be. Keep your best players on the court as much as possible.

2- I do not see as much trapping and leaving guys wide open for 3. He seems to be playing mmore straight man to man and mixing in some zone but not trying to trap on every possession.

I love both of these changes.

Not enthused about DJ taking 25 shots, but we need him to score. And he has the capability of getting hot quick. And he’s tough as 💩! Brings a lot of intangibles to This team far past his scoring.
Think a large part of him taking 25 shots is he’s really the only true 3 point threat on the roster and somebody had to try to get Syracuse to extend that zone a bit. 15 of those 25 attempts were 3s

FiOX0mBXoAIb85f
If I went into the game blind and you told me to find Judah Mintz, I'm 100 percent picking the dude on the right.

Girard score half of the paltry total I predicted for him. That was a huge key to this win.

Also noticed that the board panics 30 minutes too early.

Third Date is an amazing nickname but I fear the media won't be picking this one up.

I don’t care how we do it, it is always a great feeling to beat Syracuse. We won ugly, but we are handling our business early this season. Syracuse always claws their way to tourney bubble at worst by the end of the season. The optics of beating them can help us down the stretch.

It was certainly a fun one. Now let’s crush the rest of our OOC schedule.

Jimmy B postgame

Never been a fan of Jimmy B but respect him as a very good Coach. One comment he made about this game helping his team long term. I think that applies to our team as well. You want to play in these type of games. Hopefully, our guys are learning to play and WIN some tight games. Of course, I hope in future years we can improve our out of conference schedule a bit.

Totally fair questions. I wonder if this “style” of play can win long term. Seems like this will be a roller coaster ride. Nice highs, low lows.
I couldn't stop laughing last night the announcer Crispin kept basically being baffled by our style and team/coach demeanor, we definitely Muddy it up ( bit too much for me) but damn we get out of if every time, I've never seen anything thing like this and I've been watching basketball over 40 + years ..... hopefully this continues but we gotta clean it up a little... go Johnnie's

Great post Mullins Revenge. Coach is letting his guys play!

Posh was amazing tonight. Mathis and wusu defended like hell

Coaching guys. Last season Soriano would lower the ball, try and dribble etc. Now the ball stays high. Same thing on defense. Last year he got dumb fouls by reaching. Now he’s positioned perfectly. Credit to Zendon here!

We can all agree this team is maddening and it will make for extremely entertaining (and I am being kind) in game threads.

Maybe we should break them up as in game halves.

Last night’s first and second half for example, was like comparing apples to oranges.

I couldn't stop laughing last night the announcer Crispin kept basically being baffled by our style and team/coach demeanor, we definitely Muddy it up ( bit too much for me) but damn we get out of if every time, I've never seen anything thing like this and I've been watching basketball over 40 + years ..... hopefully this continues but we gotta clean it up a little... go Johnnie's
Yeah, he was saying a lot of the same things when we played against Temple. He’s not wrong. Some of those plays our team makes are no no yes! and some are just WTF was that! Last night it worked. Other nights it’s going to be a game killer. Cross court passes into the 5th row, shooting 3s when all you need to do is kill the clock, forced shots getting blocked. It’s all in tape.

All that being said they won. You also have to like the same energy that gets them in trouble makes them very resilient. These guys played like their hair was on fire (good and bad) most of the game. It was a fun watch. I was screaming here with my son down the stretch and in OT. Let’s hope it continues.

For me, it was again the tale of 2 halves. First half, the team seemed out of sorts and couldn't get a shot to fall. The bucket and 1 by Mintz right before halftime was in inexcusable and almost caused me to stroke out. Second half, our guys did a great job defending...Posh completely shut down Mintz and Wusu did a real nice physical job on Girard. What can you say about Soriano & Curbelo, other than they were terrific. I love Jones but he's like Carmelo...if you take 25 shots, you'll eventually get 15-20 points. He needs to be smarter with his shots. Great W, I still hate Cuse & Boeheim from the Pearl Washington days.

Real nice sentimental moment after the game with Nyiwe hoisting the trophy and the group hug...We are Family!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

For me, it was again the tale of 2 halves. First half, the team seemed out of sorts and couldn't get a shot to fall. The bucket and 1 by Mintz right before halftime was in inexcusable and almost caused me to stroke out. Second half, our guys did a great job defending...Posh completely shut down Mintz and Wusu did a real nice physical job on Girard. What can you say about Soriano & Curbelo, other than they were terrific. I love Jones but he's like Carmelo...if you take 25 shots, you'll eventually get 15-20 points. He needs to be smarter with his shots. Great W, I still hate Cuse & Boeheim from the Pearl Washington days.

Real nice sentimental moment after the game with Nyiwe hoisting the trophy and the group hug...We are Family!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
This says it all perfectly. Happy Thanksgiving. This team really plays its heart out and they appear to genuinely care about each other. Let's Go Red Storm!!!

Thought they played a solid gritty game. Their defense was much better. They never hung their heads and for the most part on offense moved the ball. They have to stop chucking 3s when their is no movement on O. Hopefully this helps with experience that will help them succeed going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back