Dunlap Tires of Raising Cain Chicken

Soaking, Bed Jumping, Olive Oil , Canola Oil , Motorola, Sugar Cain , Brady Bunch
No, that's the Florida, Guns, Cooking Oil, Mormons thread. Some of your off-topic posts went there to live.
This one is for the tangent into Brady Dunlap and somehow David Cain.
I am not responsible for the "Chicken" in the thread title, somebody else put that there.

No, that's the Florida, Guns, Cooking Oil, Mormons thread. Some of your off-topic posts went there to live.
This one is for the tangent into Brady Dunlap and somehow David Cain.
I am not responsible for the "Chicken" in the thread title, somebody else put that there.
That was mešŸ˜€ I understand they finally opened a Raising Canes Chicken in NY

You do know there are freshman who come in and play competitively. Happens all the time. Wilcher was jittery but I have no problem assuming he can take a big leap.

Again what has given anyone the impression that Dunlap is or will ever be a competent shooter? Certainly wonā€™t be any more open than he was.
Wasn't Dunlap also playing hurt?

Mine closed its in-person dining because too many people were being robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot.

I figure getting food from one of the Long Island locations in 2025 will be less hazardous to my health.

Carnesecca didnā€™t give him a chance in his 1st 3 yearsā€¦yanked him every time he made a mistake. I liked him better than Buchanan.

Really made the most of his senior season. He drove the bus.
He was a walking, dribbling turnover his first two and a half years here. Nobody trusted him. We would cringe every time heā€™d get in a game. Guys were calling him David Turnover. Midway during his junior year, that started to change for the better. Even with that, no one saw his senior year coming.

He was a walking, dribbling turnover his first two and a half years here. Nobody trusted him. We would cringe every time heā€™d get in a game. Guys were calling him David Turnover. Midway during his junior year, that started to change for the better. Even with that, no one saw his senior year coming.
This is a good reminder for me to give Wilcher some time before I jump all over him for every turnover.

As much as we all love Lou, he wasnā€™t infallible in Player selection .
Example , Bob Kelly over Kevin Williams ?

Mike Moses over Mark Jackson ?

Buchanan over Cain ?

There are others Iā€™m sure .
Cainā€™s freshman year , Boo Harvey returned to play the point after sitting out for academics the year before. Buchanan had a real good season Cainā€™s sophomore year (Buchananā€™s first and third years were his best). I have no idea what happened Buchananā€™s senior year but Cain didnā€™t show much until midway that year.

There is one on 125th St. Another one will be opening up this spring in Penn Station. A few more are coming to Long Island.

There is one on 125th St. Another one will be opening up this spring in Penn Station. A few more are coming to Long Island.
My daughter, a native Texan who moved to NY a few years ago, was surprised the Southern chain expanded up North.

Based off what I saw, no donā€™t think he will ever be a good shooter.
Crazy.

Iā€™ve seen this story a thousand times in my life. You got the entire staff and roster screaming at you to shoot anything you can but donā€™t have the teammates/offense to get you consistent open looks.

With every miss the pressure increases, Itā€™s a disaster for young players. With every miss you look at the bench to see if you are getting subbed out.

You couldn't just leave it at my tactful "not the most responsible decision maker in the court?" šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

That was Tarik Turnover.
Btw: we all love Tarik. But if Coach Lou took Kareem Reidā€¦ā€¦..
You see now, if you had brought Tarik into the discussion by way of comparison for "who's shot had less arc, his or Dunlap," that would have been reasonable.

Tarik was not perfect as a player, but I thought he did a very capable job (not to mention being a good person and fine representative of SJU from then up through the present day). I probably liked him better overall as a player than Zendon. But really the problem was that Felipe was not Michael Jordan which was (sadly) the expectation for him.

The creation of these throwaway threads has me grappling with the idea of starting one for complimentary UConn posts.

I may title it: ā€œFear and Lothing in Storrs.ā€

ON PAPER, I would argue that Brian Mahoney brought in the highest-rated talent of any head coach in STJ history in such a short amount of time:

Ty Grant: underrated warrior.
Felipe: No. 1 high school recruit 1994
Zendon: Top 5 1994
Tarik Turner: Top 50
James Scott: No. 1 Juco player 1993.
Roshown McLeod: Top 50 1993
Lavor Postell: Top 50 1995
Charles Minlend: Top 50 1992
Rowan Barrett: No. 1 player in Canada 1992.
Mo Brown: NYC POY.

If only he had gotten an elite PG of that era like Ed Cota.....

Back