Daniss Jenkins

Jenkins off to a nice start, 1st half, 10 minutes, 8 points on 3-4 from the field, 2-2 from the line, 2 assists, 3 steals, 0 TOs. Wouldn’t read much into it of course, but a nice start.

Point Guard Fraternity
I would say Jenkins has the talent to play in the NBA.
The reality of the League however is that decisions on Rosters are not just made on a Player’s performance alone .
Teams have Cap issues , position needs , 19 year old Players who are drafted on “ potential,” rather than current skills , etc . And , will sit the bench for a season or 2 .

Jenkins has that hill to climb and overcome . If Pitino was the Pistons Coach , Daniss would be on the Roster Opening day .

The reality of the League however is that decisions on Rosters are not just made on a Player’s performance alone .
Teams have Cap issues , position needs , 19 year old Players who are drafted on “ potential,” rather than current skills , etc . And , will sit the bench for a season or 2 .

Jenkins has that hill to climb and overcome . If Pitino was the Pistons Coach , Daniss would be on the Roster Opening day .
I would love to see him on the Nets. Their Summer point is 5’9’’. He can play and run a team.

Wait, decisions are not made by performance alone? And here I thought Bronny James made it on his performance…. NOT🤪

Back