Copa America

TX Redman

Bad start for U-S-A, going down 2-0 to the Lions of Colombia. First goal was sweetly struck off a corner, second was the result of a joke PK. That was never an intentional handball. US huffed and puffed but did not create a whole deal and deserved to get nada.

The turf at Levi's Stadium still seems to be problematic and was that a plague of locusts?

Next up, Costa Rica on Tues. Not an easy one by any means.

Alexi Lalas must be put out of his misery. Is the fact that he snorts more cocaine then an electrolux at Pablo Escobars house on new years day the reason he was so insistent that , the bogus handball call was legit
WHAT A D**K!
May his tiny heart explode from the massive amounts of Columbian cocaine he is sure to do in the near future.

Alexi Lalas must be put out of his misery. Is the fact that he snorts more cocaine then an electrolux at Pablo Escobars house on new years day the reason he was so insistent that , the bogus handball call was legit
WHAT A D**K!
May his tiny heart explode from the massive amounts of Columbian cocaine he is sure to do in the near future.

On what basis do you make this claim? Is this common knowledge? Link?

That was a legit PK, sorry guys. That gets called 99 times out of 100. Yedlin's arm is straight out from his body. An unfortunate play, a legit call.

Of course, if Bradley hadn't turned the ball over in the first place it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Bradley gets exposed anytime he plays against a decent side.

It says a lot when Dempsey is your best player on the pitch. He had a great game, drew a bunch of penalties, got robbed twice. I'm a fan of Zardes, too, very active player.

Back line had a poor game. Midfield had a poor game. They didn't play terrible, 0-2 might have been a bit harsh, but they certainly didn't play well enough to get one, let alone three.

That was a legit PK, sorry guys. That gets called 99 times out of 100. Yedlin's arm is straight out from his body. An unfortunate play, a legit call.

Of course, if Bradley hadn't turned the ball over in the first place it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Bradley gets exposed anytime he plays against a decent side.

It says a lot when Dempsey is your best player on the pitch. He had a great game, drew a bunch of penalties, got robbed twice. I'm a fan of Zardes, too, very active player.

Back line had a poor game. Midfield had a poor game. They didn't play terrible, 0-2 might have been a bit harsh, but they certainly didn't play well enough to get one, let alone three.

What in the world was Yedlin thinking? Everyone knows you dont jump and turn in the box. You faceup and tuck your hands behind you. Even my 12 year old son stopped jumping and turning.

I hope that JK makes some changes. The US was flat. He should start Nagbe and Pulisic. we need more creative players to unlock the very defensive Tico's. Good news it appears that Kendall Watson will be out. He had a red card in first game.

Re: Alexi Lalas, I know a lot of people do not particularly like him but I have no issues with the guy. His commentary is no worse than some of the others and the guy always gave 100% on the field.

Re: Yedlin. Yes, he handled it but I do not believe it was in any way intentional, nor was it hand to ball. It was ball to hand. Harsh call.

Re: tournament so far. Not great, although Mexico-Uruguay last night was fun.

The man known as the Angel of Mary looked good for Argentina last night. Cannot believe MUFC let him go.

US needs to step it up a gear or two tonight.

The man known as the Angel of Mary looked good for Argentina last night. Cannot believe MUFC let him go.

That was a pretty good game with the tempo and counter attacking. On a side note, Vidal needs to get new boots, he slipped and fell at least a half dozen times. :(

How crazy is it that Argentina can take Higuain out of the game in 70th minute and replace him with Aguerro. Seems unfair. Don't see anyone beating Argentina.

Big game for the USA. Lets hope JK makes a few changes to the lineup. Need to score the first goal and open up Costa Rica. Need to keep the Arsenal man in check.

Only soccer game where I don't want Joel Campbell to do well

I hear you. Surprised he was subbed at HT.

Great first half by US. Love that goal by Jermaine Jones. CR not nearly the team they were 2 years ago at the WC.

Only soccer game where I don't want Joel Campbell to do well

I hear you. Surprised he was subbed at HT.

Great first half by US. Love that goal by Jermaine Jones. CR not nearly the team they were 2 years ago at the WC.

Dempsey and Jones owned that first half.

Peru was up 2-0 and Nathalie said they would blow the lead and then lose to brazil the next game. Then they blow the lead and now I believe her they are destined to lose and ecuador will beat haiti

Peru was up 2-0 and Nathalie said they would blow the lead and then lose to brazil the next game. Then they blow the lead and now I believe her they are destined to lose and ecuador will beat haiti

This was the most competitive game of the tournament yet, for at least the ones I've watched. Both teams looked solid. Correct me if I'm wrong but many of these South American keepers seem unorthodox and not too good.

This was the most competitive game of the tournament yet, for at least the ones I've watched. Both teams looked solid. Correct me if I'm wrong but many of these South American keepers seem unorthodox and not too good.
Not sure. I mainly watch whoever Peru plays. Was a real competitive game and I thought Peru was going to pull it out in that last minute. It's funny because Peru fans have a lot in common with st johns fans. They always expect something bad to happen. Some of Nathalie's friends I don't think could handle success. I think they kind of like the misery and heartache of being a Peru fan

Not sure. I mainly watch whoever Peru plays. Was a real competitive game and I thought Peru was going to pull it out in that last minute. It's funny because Peru fans have a lot in common with st johns fans. They always expect something bad to happen. Some of Nathalie's friends I don't think could handle success. I think they kind of like the misery and heartache of being a Peru fan

That first goal by Peru was a beauty, superb skill. Too bad they could not hold on.

In other news, Uruguay out at the hands (or feet) of Venezuela. At least Suarez did not get a chance to eat anyone...

I was so mad at Ecuador MJ. I thought our tourney was over. Ecuador played so bad in the first half. While nothing is set in stone but i do like Ecuadors chances to advance. They need a win and a peru loss to secure second place. You can tell Nathalie that the Brazil of now is not the same Brazil of the 90s. They can be beat! Ecuador was actually robbed against them with the non goal call in Game 1.

I was so mad at Ecuador MJ. I thought our tourney was over. Ecuador played so bad in the first half. While nothing is set in stone but i do like Ecuadors chances to advance. They need a win and a peru loss to secure second place. You can tell Nathalie that the Brazil of now is not the same Brazil of the 90s. They can be beat! Ecuador was actually robbed against them with the non goal call in Game 1.

She's already convinced what the outcome will be. Luckily tomorrow we won't be able to watch the game. Such a shame because they looked so good for a game and a half

Back