Copa América

Let me get this straight the Uruguayan team was throwing down with about 70k Colombian fans? Can’t imagine that will end well.

This looks like fun. Let’s go to the video tape!
Apparently the Columbian supporters were drunk and going after the Uruguayian players families. Saw a few of the videos and there are like 2 cops total in them. Great job by the organizers there.

Oh…and Geg finally sacked!! USSF better not hire some MLS guy or another former player based off his friendships. A good manager can get this team into the Quarters of any regional/World tournament.

Apparently the Columbian supporters were drunk and going after the Uruguayian players families. Saw a few of the videos and there are like 2 cops total in them. Great job by the organizers there.

Oh…and Geg finally sacked!! USSF better not hire some MLS guy or another former player based off his friendships. A good manager can get this team into the Quarters of any regional/World tournament.
Firing Berhalter is the easy part (although the USSF made it difficult), we should be nervous about his replacement. Of the names, Klopp is a no-brainer, but he may want to take some time away from coaching.

The other good is candidate is Matarazzo. An American with experience coaching in Europe. I am skeptical about Henry.

There are two years to get a system that works in place. And the US players must take their embarrassing Copa exit as motivation. I agree that there is sufficient talent to get to the quarterfinals of the next World Cup.

Fingers crossed.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/10/sport...campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

The ref should be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. Extra time was nuts. Messi needs to retire, his legs are gone.

The ref should be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. Extra time was nuts. Messi needs to retire, his legs are gone.
While the final game is in sight for Messi, yesterday it was his ankle that was gone. Don't know if you saw it after he came out and was sitting on the bench but the sprain was HUGE and ugly; amazing that it probably occurred in first half but he contined in to second half. His heart was in the game and his Argentine legacy goes on for the effort.

Announcers after game were proclaiming Argentina as number 1 in the world and Spain number 2. Don't think I agree with that after what I have seen although it could be attributed to reckless play by Columbia with constant fouling.

Announcers after game were proclaiming Argentina as number 1 in the world and Spain number 2. Don't think I agree with that after what I have seen although it could be attributed to reckless play by Columbia with constant fouling.
They are going by FIFA rankings but what a joke this tournament was. I know CONMEBOL was in charge of pretty much everything (except tickets, you can blame crooked Ticketmaster for that) but this was not a good look for footie in our country. The level of football looked like some of my Sunday men’s league bull crap (and yes, I’m aware that we completely suck compared to these guys), the pre-game situation was dangerous and they were frankly lucky no one died (that’s not hyperbole at all) and the sight of Messi’s ankle (I’m not posting the pic, it’s grotesque) sums up everything. Won’t even touch the reffing in the games I saw. The European refs who get savaged on Twitter are 10X better than any of these guys. I know some of these countries are downright dirty between the hard fouls and the flopping but your job as a ref is to not let things get out of control—which it constantly was.

Back