Copa América

If Geg gets sacked for this, it’ll all be worth it. He coached like a donkey (as usual) and his substitutions were worse. Tim Weah really screwed his teammates. I don’t know how he can look any of them in the face. As usual, the refs let the opponents get away with crazy stuff and we lower ourselves to that level. It’s all on the coach. Nature of the sport. That’s why this team is not greater than the sum of its parts.

Boy oh boy you go down to 10 men against Panama and allow them to have 75% possession in the match. You let them boss the game like that as if we’re battling a superior opponent and hanging on for dear life.

Not complaining though as a failure to get out of the group is a death sentence for that arrogant prick Gregggg
You would hope so, but short of him committing a heinous crime, I still don’t believe it. I still can’t believe he takes off Balogun. Never puts on Musah. Subs on CCV and Cardoso. Like not one of his substitutes made sense to me. At least bring on Aaronson instead of Pepi. You’re parking the bus BUT you expect a striker who NEEDS service to actually get it?? What a damned clown.

Back in 94 or 96, when ever the world cup was and we beat Colombia and lost the next game, I was saying ahhhh give it 15-20 years and we'll be alive. Well here we are 30 years later and we're still nothing in Soccer. Oh well..

Guess the next sporting event to watch is the Olympics.

Back in 94 or 96, when ever the world cup was and we beat Colombia and lost the next game, I was saying ahhhh give it 15-20 years and we'll be alive. Well here we are 30 years later and we're still nothing in Soccer. Oh well..

Maybe it is the youth soccer leagues that are the problem where its all about fair play and everybody gets a trophy. No killer instinct to WIN!

Maybe it is the youth soccer leagues that are the problem where its all about fair play and everybody gets a trophy. No killer instinct to WIN!
The problem is the United States Soccer Federation. Plain and simple. Decisions made based on families, friendships and the domestic league. That’s it. That’s the problem, always been. It’s run like your neighborhood soccer club.

Check out the Euros. :)

They're up against it with Uruguay. That was a stupid foul by Weah, he hit the guy twice. Ref only saw the second and gave him a yellow. VAR told the ref to take a look and he saw both shots, red.
Also very surprising. Weah seems like an easy going guy. Really hurt his team though.

HT. US 0-0 Uruguay (neighboring country is Ur-a-gal). Panama winning 1-0. Balogun off injured. Ref having a 'mare. We need a goal, otherwise Coach B should be a-walking. I like the camera positioned on the International Space Station...

Disastrous Copa. Can't fire the team so Coach Bra-halter needs to go. We cannot be hosting the WC with this lad. Too bad Bielsa isn't available. I think there is talent in the USMNT but they need a system, someone who will improve them and a leader with ideas.

Could have had Marsch at least.

Run like your neighborhood soccer club. Embarrassments will continue as long as the same nepotism and favoritism continues.

You can’t go out in the group stage of a tournament played on your home soil. You just can’t.

No excuse for these guys either…even a 1-0 win against a team virtually qualified would have put them through.

Perfect result. All the flaws were there for us to see without a shred of optimism the people in charge can fix it. That’s what we needed because this dopey federation could’ve weaseled out of this decision had we upset Uruguay tonight.

Hard to find this in the next 2 years but this team needs to find a metronome in the midfield who they can consistently play through rather than dumping it upfield and praying. Add a CB with more athleticism than Ream and we can play a high press, high line uptempo style with none other than Jurgen Klopp on the touchline boys!

There are plenty of excuses from the coaching to the tactics and more. But to me the US just does not have enough quality players to be competitive.

t

There are plenty of excuses from the coaching to the tactics and more. But to me the US just does not have enough quality players to be competitive.

t
I don’t buy that. They have more players playing abroad than ever, deservedly too.

You can absolutely blame the tactics and the coaching. They are playing hero ball, through and through. There’s no purpose out there. They are playing kickball waiting for moments of brilliance from Pulisic, Balogun, Reyna or even Pepi. Geg absolutely has no idea how to utilize these guys, it almost reminds me of Anderson coaching St John’s. Run a 5-man weave and pray. And, his substitutions are even worse.

They lost to Panama. To Panama!! And, to me, that was completely on the coaching. Yeah, Weah did something unforgivable, there’s no excusing that, really. But, you park the bus because you’re down a guy against a team like that?? You make substitutions that range from head scratching to downright stupid?? The players don’t believe in their coach. The players can keep their composure…like, ever. Their coach runs the streets before the games. Are you kidding me? He’s a joke, his hire is a sham, and they all know it.

Back