Congrats to our own monte!!

Hey All,

Fresh off the Jersey Shore Film Festival, 'Bound By Bushwick' is up for 4 awards at the Brightside Film Fest:
Best Dramatic Short
Best Cinematography
Best Actor
Best Director(yours truly)

The Festival takes place the weekend of August 10th/11th at the Brightside Tavern in Jersey City. Thankfully our film is being shown on Sunday August 11th in the 5:30(upstairs) block of films, so I can also attend the legendary JSJ BBQ on Saturday. For those in the Northern Jersey area, who might be interested in attending, here's a link to tickets:

Hope to see some of you there.
Super- congrats Monte!

Just catching up on Board today after a brief trip to Cali to visit my older sister in Pleasanton and drink some wine in Sonoma. Unfortunately managed to bring back COVID, but don't mind being isolated in the basement watching the Olympics for a couple of days on the big screen TV (my usual Johnnie game watching spot).

Maybe at some point, you'll be able to post it for us non NY/NJ'ers to view.

Super- congrats Monte!

Just catching up on Board today after a brief trip to Cali to visit my older sister in Pleasanton and drink some wine in Sonoma. Unfortunately managed to bring back COVID, but don't mind being isolated in the basement watching the Olympics for a couple of days on the big screen TV (my usual Johnnie game watching spot).

Feel better NCJohnnie.
I hope the wife is well.

Super- congrats Monte!

Hey NCJ, hope you're managing ok with Covid. I did submit to the Charlotte film fest. Waiting on response. Will keep you posted, although no idea how far you live from there. For the South Florida Johhnies, the film was accepted in to the Urban Film Fest in Miami. It's being screened over Labor Day weekend. Exact date TBD. Will post once I know.

Once we've gone through the film festival circuit(usually about 1 year), I can post the films(just completed my 2nd one) on social media. But film festivals have strict requirements that films are not posted on social media(YouTube, Facebook, Redfans, etc) prior to screening, or they won't consider your film. So it's going to be a while before I can post it.

Wait - Monte was involved in a film called Bound By Bushwick and it wasn't an S&M flick? Congrats, Monte!

Hey NCJ, hope you're managing ok with Covid. I did submit to the Charlotte film fest. Waiting on response. Will keep you posted, although no idea how far you live from there. For the South Florida Johhnies, the film was accepted in to the Urban Film Fest in Miami. It's being screened over Labor Day weekend. Exact date TBD. Will post once I know.

Once we've gone through the film festival circuit(usually about 1 year), I can post the films(just completed my 2nd one) on social media. But film festivals have strict requirements that films are not posted on social media(YouTube, Facebook, Redfans, etc) prior to screening, or they won't consider your film. So it's going to be a while before I can post it.
Monte was Bound by Bushwick your second or are you referencing another?

Monte--just read in the Brooklyn Paper, that the Bushwick Film Festival is back (October 16-20). Your film would seem a natural. If you have not made a submission yet, last day is August 15th.
Thanks BR. I did submit to Bushwick FF a few months back. Notification date is Sept 1. Surprisingly, I have not had much luck yet with Brooklyn festivals. There a couple of reasons for that. Mostly it's because at 33:08, my film is very
long for a short film. Festivals would rather take there 10-11 minute shorts, rather than one 33 minute short. I get it, it's dollar and cents to them. But also, it doesn't touch on any of the popular/hot-button topics of the day.

So while I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the Bushwick Film Fest, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Back