College Football / Jason Gay / Wall Street Journal

Thanks guys and you’re right I’m over the moon especially after the way the season started. Been texting with everyone in my life as they all know what a huge Bama fan I am. Have a book club meeting tomorrow (coincidentally book was about Bo Jackson by Jeff Pearlman) so I’ll have about 30 guys pumping me up. 👍😊

To the only 2 conferences that are gaining schools from the B12, Pac 12, and now the ACC...
Maybe? But the Big 10 and/or the SEC would have to want them? That’s a two way business prop. Not sure SEC member Florida wants them?

By the way, I felt FSU should have gotten in as well. I think the guy is speaking in the heat of the moment. They got screwed. Of course, my point was in 2024 the ACC champ is guaranteed a spot in the playoff. If I were FSU I’d rather compete against Duke etc. than Georgia, Alabama or Ohio State, Michigan.

Florida State's undefeated/conference championship season demonstrates why they want out of their loser football conference. looking at all those 6-6 teams or worse from the ACC is the problem

I would have voted for FSU, and I have no horse in the CFP race.

They were undefeated and 2-0 vs. the SEC. By saying FSU is not the same team without Travis, the committee made it sound as if only offense is required to play football. FSU’s defense is very good. I think it is better than what the four playoff teams have.

Also, Glenn is FSU’s third stringer. Their backup would have been back for the playoffs with a month of practice. Milroe was benched early in the season, but became a much better player late in the season.

Unfair to criticize their QBs when they were put in such a tough spot late in the season. Of course their offense will struggle. But the coaching staff put together a risk free and simplified game plan because they had so much confidence their defense would win games for them.

It is obvious that the SEC and Big 10 drive the bus. And we may not care much about this, but it will overlap into basketball. If the BE, SEC, and Big 10 have a couple of team with similar resumes, I think we know which conference is getting the short end of the stick.

Anyway, what is done is done of course. Weird thing is that I am rooting for Alabama in the first game because I loathe Michigan. Talk about an entitled and arrogant fanbase.

Fans use logic, committees think $. Michigan / Alabama has appeal Michigan / FSU not so much. FSU QB situation just gave the committee a reason.
Had Georgia won, I think the odd team out would have been Texas but an SEC team was going and no way the committee could pick Georgia after the loss which made Texas a no brainer because they beat Bama at Bama.
Georgia and Michigan would have been 1/2 or 2/1 Washington 3, FSU 4, probably Texas Ohio State 5/6 or 6/5.
FSU was essentially a sacrificial lamb or collateral damage or in the wrong place at the wrong time or they got screwed, just depends on your perspective.

Last edited:
Thanks guys and you’re right I’m over the moon especially after the way the season started. Been texting with everyone in my life as they all know what a huge Bama fan I am. Have a book club meeting tomorrow (coincidentally book was about Bo Jackson by Jeff Pearlman) so I’ll have about 30 guys pumping me up. 👍😊
Bamafan

Read a great book about someone who bought a used RV and followed Bama fans/football for one season--it was very informative and explains the phenomena of Bama football love. It is called "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer". Ironically, it was writter by Warren St. John so a "connection" to SJU

Clearly the college football playoff picks were fixed.

More reasoning why FSU deserved to be in over Bama. They had a much harder task going against quality teams without their starting QB. How would Bama have done against Florida and Louisville without their starting QB. Oh wait, they hardly beat a shit team when their starting QB wasn’t playing.

The pick was fixed and swayed by money. In all fairness, even a die hard Bama fan has to question this.

Back