Coaching Carousel

With the way Trilly is talking, I'm taking it as the Big East getting raided. Maybe a situation like this unfolds:
McDermott -- Ohio State
Miller -- Michigan
English -- Mizzou

The wild card in all of this, to me, is Wade. Does he leave this year for one of those jobs (add Louisville) or is it too hot for him still?

With the way Trilly is talking, I'm taking it as the Big East getting raided. Maybe a situation like this unfolds:
McDermott -- Ohio State
Miller -- Michigan
English -- Mizzou
I'd stay put for now if I'm English, but think other two have already been contacted.

McDermott -- Ohio State
Miller -- Michigan
English -- Mizzou
I don't think Mizzou is opening just yet. Yeah, they are having a horrific season this year but it's only year 2 for Gates and they won a game in the tournament last year which was a bit of an overachievement.

The other two make a ton of sense though.

I don't think Mizzou is opening just yet. Yeah, they are having a horrific season this year but it's only year 2 for Gates and they won a game in the tournament last year which was a bit of an overachievement.

The other two make a ton of sense though.
I would normally agree/not look at a second year coach as on the hot seat. But if he goes winless in the SEC, that is a "losing your job in year 2" accomplishment.

McDermott -- Ohio State
Miller -- Michigan
English -- Mizzou
I don't think English leaves after just one year, but from an SJU perspective, it might not be a bad thing, in the short term, if the rest of the league comes back down to us a little bit.

Even if Rick does everything he needs to do, if we're getting better, and the rest of the league is getting better, it's a wash. They don't need to come back to us too much (we're not DePaul or Georgetown), just a little bit. Then, we can build the brand, and most of the rest of the league will need to come back up to us.

I'm rooting for every coach to stay in the Big East. TV contract is expiring. We need as many big names and big brands as possible to try to be halfway towards keeping up with the Big Ten/SEC.

According to today's article, it was Creighton's Coach McDermott as the OSU's choice after Holtman. Let's see if AD comes calling again.

Miller starts at xavier, gets fired by arizona, back to xavier. I bet he will bolt if given the chance, he did it once before. Xavier fans should be ticked off. Imagine Rick's son takes over at Xavier then father vs son. Would be great for the league. Something about Miller is slimy to me ,not sure why. Oh yes and Mike Anderson takes over at Ohio, why not through his name out there lol

Ohio State's number 1 choice should be Pukon's Hurley. Why not? Plus that asshole is out of our sight. 🤣

I'll assume Ohio State goes for McDermott, and with the horses that Ohio State usually lands simply by being Ohio State, he could pile up tons of wins there.
But will he be allowed off the plantation?🥸

Back