Coach Kim Leaves for Michigan

Magnificent article (7 pages) in THE WOLVERINE, University of Michigan's sports magazine, on our former coach . They are at www.thewolvrine.com. Along with some very complimentary and enthusiastic paragraphs about Kim, It includes her stated objectives and Michigans expectations and objectives.
U of M expects her to :
1....Establish UM as a recruiting destination (they have had no top 100 recruits in 20 years and have attracted 0 top recruits from Michigan)
2.... Even up the rivalry with Michigan State (they are now 18-59 Whew! I guess they noticed she beat UConn)
3.....Grow the fan interest (they attract 2500 to home games; 55th in the nation)
4.....Grow the programs culture (they are the least successful team in Michigan history winning 42% of all games)

Frankly, if she can beat Michigan State with some regularity all the other stuff will just be stuff.
They are very lucky people at U of M; they now have a fine, proven coach; a spectacular women's role model, one of the great PR assets in women's or men's basketball with her post game interviews with an infant in one hand and a mike in the other, and a wonderful university representative. I'd want my daughter to play for her. She will be missed here even though I think we have reloaded our guns for 2013. She has our best wishes.
Check the article out if you get the chance. She has a tough but wildly promising road to travel in the next years.

I read the article as Kim had the school send it to my home.
It is a great magazine.
With respect to her goals this past weekend she got a commitment from the number 57 player, a pg,in the class of 2013.

She was making 400K at St. John's.

For better or worse St. John's was not going to pay her 2X or 2.5X what she was pulling down. [/quote

I dont believe she was making 400k where did you get that figure from, is it publicly stated by the uiv.
why are you letting St.J's mistakes off, Kim was the best womans coach ever at st.js
the school continues to choose worse than better changes need to be made.  
I truly believe she was on the edge of glory bec. she started getting top 50 players to st.j's
St.j's univ is not poor & they better stop playing the pauper role!

It is time to move on from Kim.
Kim was the best Coach we ever had but like Coach Lavin she had a very good staff around her, a very, very good staff.
The most important piece of the staff, Coach Tartamella, is now our head coach and he was responsable for recruiting the very good talent to SJU and not Kim, and believe me I have no desire too bash Kim in any way.
I was ill when I heard she was leaving.
The strong recruiting should continue under Joe and as I mentioned earlier look for a major announcement on the recruiting front any day. We are just waiting for the press release to come out. Our local BE competition will be sick when they see who Joe snatched from under their noses.
Next season we graduate 3 excellent players and one player who has barely developed.
Joe has already gotten one key piece who will be eligible to play in September and had a 3 star wing from Georgia visit last weekend who should blow up over the summer who loved her visit and will be another top 100 player when the 2013 final hoopgurlz rankings are published. If she commits Joe will have replaced 2 of the 3 key departing seniors with 12 months to find a good combo-guard.
Believe me he will do it.

North, I wanted to focus in on the below portion of your comments. Has in fact any announcement been made about the recruiting coup you speak of ?

"The strong recruiting should continue under Joe and as I mentioned earlier look for a major announcement on the recruiting front any day. We are just waiting for the press release to come out. Our local BE competition will be sick when they see who Joe snatched from under their noses."

The school has not made the announcement as the young lady has asked the school to refrain until she is academically eligible which will happen over the summer.
Its all good.  

Back