(Charleston Classic) Utah, Sun., Nov. 19, 5:30p, ESPN

NY Post article was disappointing.
Pitino listed a bunch of things Ledlum could do to get his shot off against more athletic guys. Mentioned playing like Adrian Dantley. Ledlum disagreed and said he is not sure why he is missing open shots. Doesn’t feel has to change anything offensively.

Also in describing what Luis brings, Pitino said he is like Jenkins. And meant it in a good way.

NY Post article was disappointing.
Pitino listed a bunch of things Ledlum could do to get his shot off against more athletic guys. Mentioned playing like Adrian Dantley. Ledlum disagreed and said he is not sure why he is missing open shots. Doesn’t feel has to change anything offensively.

Also in describing what Luis brings, Pitino said he is like Jenkins. And meant it in a good way.
What Ledlum thinks is irrelevant. Pitino’s in charge and Ledlum either makes the changes Pitino wants or he’ll sit on the bench. The open question is whether Ledlum is even capable of making those changes. We’ll find out soon enough.

What Ledlum thinks is irrelevant. Pitino’s in charge and Ledlum either makes the changes Pitino wants or he’ll sit on the bench. The open question is whether Ledlum is even capable of making those changes. We’ll find out soon enough.
In article didn’t seem too receptive. If you compare Ledlum response to story Pitino tells about talking to Donavan Mitchell about changing his jumper……

Ledlum has a chance at redemption today. Utah is big, so listen to coach, get the ball in the paint pump fake their guys in the air and get them in foul trouble. That's going to be key. They are a bit short handed today without Keita and one other guy. 4 guys scored 64 of their 66 pts against Houston. You're gonna have to run the entire floor all game - get them tired - get them in foul trouble.

Look no question Chris has struggled. His percentage around the rim is unacceptable. Also like I mentioned before Charleston and Rick told Zach yesterday the interior length has to be a factor. Chris says it's not. As I told him he can't say it's not when the numbers and eye test clearly state it is. He's a tough kid and I'm betting on him to turn it around and figure this out.

This team will go as far as Jenkins and Dingle take them. They both have to be better. I understand the love for Wilcher based on his ranking coming out of high school and his potential but while it doesn’t necessarily show up in the stats but his handle was very shaky especially on Friday against Dayton. Could be nerves but I do expect it to get better as the season progresses.

Alleyne had one good year shooting the three at Va Tech. He did not show me that he is a consistently good shooter at UConn last year, nor any practice or games here this year. I do admit I thought he would get more time.

Hopefully Luis turns out to be the shooter we need at the wing and him getting a few minutes today would be could to get him ready for conference games.

I am tired of watching Ledlum trying to dribble drive and missing inside shots. Needs to figure out how to play together with Soriano even in a high/low or double high post with movement sets.

I don’t expect Wilcher, Dunlap or Zuby to see a lot more time
but will so in the remaining OOC games.

While disappointed not surprised by the start (I didn’t expect to be blown out by Michigan but the loss wasn’t surprising). Team needs time to gel and Pitino is figuring out what works and what doesn’t with this team.

You might do something well in practice but the actual games paints a different picture. Picasso (Pitino) will figure it out .

We are not buttoned up enough to beat real solid teams like Dayton and Utah. We again will be competitive only to let the game slip away in the 2nd half.

It is ok though. These are great experiences for this team and will prepare them for when they will be needing to play their best basketball in january and february.

Same things that woulda helped Wasu because he did not get off the ground either. Double pump also gets you to the line or draw a double team that opens up a guy to dish off to. I woulda loved to see rick coach posh, wasu, along with joel.

This team will go as far as Jenkins and Dingle take them. They both have to be better. I understand the love for Wilcher based on his ranking coming out of high school and his potential but while it doesn’t necessarily show up in the stats but his handle was very shaky especially on Friday against Dayton. Could be nerves but I do expect it to get better as the season progresses.

Alleyne had one good year shooting the three at Va Tech. He did not show me that he is a consistently good shooter at UConn last year, nor any practice or games here this year. I do admit I thought he would get more time.

Hopefully Luis turns out to be the shooter we need at the wing and him getting a few minutes today would be could to get him ready for conference games.

I am tired of watching Ledlum trying to dribble drive and missing inside shots. Needs to figure out how to play together with Soriano even in a high/low or double high post with movement sets.

I don’t expect Wilcher, Dunlap or Zuby to see a lot more time
but will so in the remaining OOC games.

While disappointed not surprised by the start (I didn’t expect to be blown out by Michigan but the loss wasn’t surprising). Team needs time to gel and Pitino is figuring out what works and what doesn’t with this team.

You might do something well in practice but the actual games paints a different picture. Picasso (Pitino) will figure it out .
My love for wilcher is wanting him to be a better player then jenks. He is expected to be our point or not? If we not going anywhere why not give him the job now and let jenks do what it is he does? Do we expect rick to have 5 playes on the court with each playing their position?

Absolutely, forget for a minute about VT, he averaged 18 mpg with a national championship team with two guys in front of him who were respectively first round NBA draft choices and one of the guys picked as top off guards this year.

With a very few exceptions, most posters here are delighted to have Rick as our coach and very optimistic of team's future under him.
However, that is different from the sentiment that none of us should dare to question anything he does. Our own school hero, Louie, who won 72% of the college games he coached was routinely questioned and criticized. That is what fans do, particularly on sports websites. Most of the questioning posts I see are from fans who clearly watch the games and have informed opinions. It's all good. If you have a counterpoint opinion, that's great. But just to say none of us should question anything we see on the court is utter nonsense.
I love Alleyne and it is frustrating to see him rotting on the bench while Ledlum shoots 20% from the field

Yes! Completely agree, particularly on wilcher and alleyne. I think it should be rare for both of those guys to be on the bench at the same time. They both give us shooting on offense and speed on defense that is otherwise very lacking.

Wilcher’s time has been so limited so I don’t want to go overboard on the freshman, but wouldn’t mind if he played 15 mins a game at the point, can even slide Jenkins over to the 2 for some of that time. And alleyne just seems like exactly what we need on defense and offense. He moves his feet well and he’s so much more active than dingle on defense—we need him to guard other teams’ scorers and try to hide dingle a bit more—everyone blows by him; plus alleyne hits the outside shots too. If we eliminate the bad theees from Jenkins and ledlum and let Allene shoot 6 a game, I think we’ll be much better off.

Also, on zuby, need to see more, but if ledlum gets down to 25 mins a game (which probably better suits his game and conditioning), zuby can take some of those minutes at the 4 as well as Taylor/luis. I say zuby at the “4” but I think he should just guard the other team’s PF, since Joel has been in the high post a lot, zuby can bang down low on offense. And given the good size of our guards, we could probably also play a but smaller at the 4 to get some more skill on the floor occasionally with Joel then operating in the post.

ETA: I think Rick is also still figuring out what he has in these guys too. He’s a HOF coach so I expect that whatever he does will be best for the team. Unlike in the past, I doubt we’ll be banging our heads against the wall all season for bonehead coaching decisions (eg mullin Anderson norm etc)
I definitely want to see Wilcher at the point

NY Post article about Ledlum, this gives me pause: Pitino says he needs to change some things since he can't tank his way through the Big East like he did in the Ivy. Ledlum says "I don't need to change anything.

Not good
Sounds like an NBA player responding to his coach through the media🤐
As with Angel Reese, this is what happens when you pay college kids.

Back