(Charleston Classic) Utah, Sun., Nov. 19, 5:30p, ESPN

IMHO, Wilcher, Ojiafor & Alleyne need to get 15 more minutes PT between them (at least) at the expense of Ledlum & Jenkins. Win or lose tomorrow Coach has to develop a bench and nothing we saw from those 3 guys yesterday indicated they weren't ready for more minutes. No way Jenkins & Ledlum should be playing 72 minutes between them.
Against Utah, perhaps Soriano and Zuby need to be on the court together.

I don't understand how Alleyne averaged about 30 MPG at Virginia Tech, 18 MPG last year on a championship UConn team, but can't even crack the rotation here on a much worse team.
Sometimes practice performance is an issue, embracing expectations on defense, but who knows. It can’t be forgetting about him.

Last edited:
I don't understand how Alleyne averaged about 30 MPG at Virginia Tech, 18 MPG last year on a championship UConn team, but can't even crack the rotation here on a much worse team.
Absolutely, forget for a minute about VT, he averaged 18 mpg with a national championship team with two guys in front of him who were respectively first round NBA draft choices and one of the guys picked as top off guards this year.

With a very few exceptions, most posters here are delighted to have Rick as our coach and very optimistic of team's future under him.
However, that is different from the sentiment that none of us should dare to question anything he does. Our own school hero, Louie, who won 72% of the college games he coached was routinely questioned and criticized. That is what fans do, particularly on sports websites. Most of the questioning posts I see are from fans who clearly watch the games and have informed opinions. It's all good. If you have a counterpoint opinion, that's great. But just to say none of us should question anything we see on the court is utter nonsense.

Absolutely, forget for a minute about VT, he averaged 18 mpg with a national championship team with two guys in front of him who were respectively first round NBA draft choices and one of the guys picked as top off guards this year.

With a very few exceptions, most posters here are delighted to have Rick as our coach and very optimistic of team's future under him.
However, that is different from the sentiment that none of us should dare to question anything he does. Our own school hero, Louie, who won 72% of the college games he coached was routinely questioned and criticized. That is what fans do, particularly on sports websites. Most of the questioning posts I see are from fans who clearly watch the games and have informed opinions. It's all good. If you have a counterpoint opinion, that's great. But just to say none of us should question anything we see on the court is utter nonsense.

Great points. Just hoping it's not a case of "buyers remorse" and Rick realizing he doesnt fit what he's trying to do here after he already signed him here.

I don’t doubt Pitino long term one bit. I’m a little frustrated with his loyalty to Jenkins over Dingle, but that’s really it. I’d love for him to state public that we need 18-20 from Dingle every game.

Win tomorrow and Marillac will be Mariback.
Yup
Jenkins thing bizarre

Last edited:
So far we have alternated wins and losses to be 2-2. Based on the pattern I see a win today. Then we break the pattern with more wins. Let’s go!! Figure this out coach and team!!

Hope Luis plays and can fit right in.
Hope he is ready.

Agree with you guys that this will be a challenge. Tough matchup. We are legitimate underdogs today. That being said Utah on a neutral is a winnable game that would help a resume (Q2 potentially Q1) A loss wouldn’t be killer but this is an opportunity and if they’re going to be in the mix for a tourney spot they’re going to have to eventually capitalize on a couple of these type of opportunities.

Back