Charleston Classic (11/16-17 & 19) Ticket Pre-Sale info

How is the 4th game of the day going to start at 3:30? The first game would have to start at like 8am. Maybe the championship game is scheduled for that time but no guarantees we will be in it although I like our chances much better with Pitino than any of our prior coaches.

That's their espn time slot.

That's their espn time slot.
Last game is at scheduled for 6pm and you don’t know if we are in that game and if you want to guarantee seeing all 3 of our games you can’t fly out Sunday night was my point.

Hotels downtown very expensive but there is a beautiful Courtyard Marriott Mt Pleasant for around $160 nite, 6 miles from the Arena
Stayed there last summer when visiting Charleston…very nice! Senior discount is $143 per night for a dble dble. And right near USS Yorktown. Last time SJU played there, the pre tournament tip off dinner was held on board the carrier.

Last edited:
Stayed there last summer when visiting Charleston…very nice! And right near USS Yorktown. Last time SJU played there, the pre tournament tip off dinner was held on board the carrier.
When I was a kid I had big hobby of building model ships. Emphasis on WW2. I had the Yorktown,Wasp,Hornet,Lexington and Enterprise. ( Enterprise was my biggest but that was the one built in the 50s ) and bunch of other ships

I wish I kept that collection for when I got older

I had no idea the yorktown was in Charleston. Thanks for that I'm definitely going to see it during the trip

Stayed there last summer when visiting Charleston…very nice! Senior discount is $143 per night for a dble dble. And right near USS Yorktown. Last time SJU played there, the pre tournament tip off dinner was held on board the carrier.
Yesterday Senior discount was $163. Maybe it will change. That was lowest rate unless you prepay. Might be able to get a group rate lower if that can be negotiated. They also have what’s called VIP rate which is for Sports organizations travel throughout Marriott system

When I was a kid I had big hobby of building model ships. Emphasis on WW2. I had the Yorktown,Wasp,Hornet,Lexington and Enterprise. ( Enterprise was my biggest but that was the one built in the 50s ) and bunch of other ships

I wish I kept that collection for when I got older

I had no idea the yorktown was in Charleston. Thanks for that I'm definitely going to see it during the trip
Plus right at Patriots Point where Yorktown is, you can take tours out to Fort Sumpter which is pretty cool.

Are most planning to stay at this Courtyard?

I see that its like $100 more per night at Hyatt Downtown which was the previous "official" hotel..even if discounted, still a lot more.

Just wondering if its a pain to drive each day vs. Hotel in downtown that might be walking distance

I have a reservation at Springhill Suites AAA rate prices vary by the night but WEds-Sunday all in prices out to 577 all in. I may have some friends come down and if my son who is an LSU student comes I may wind up looking at VRBO. I also have two older children who live in Charleston and work in the services industry. I will look into coordinating some events as things get closer and we know at least our first game schedule.

I have a reservation at Springhill Suites AAA rate prices vary by the night but WEds-Sunday all in prices out to 577 all in. I may have some friends come down and if my son who is an LSU student comes I may wind up looking at VRBO. I also have two older children who live in Charleston and work in the services industry. I will look into coordinating some events as things get closer and we know at least our first game schedule.
If you get a SJUNC bus for the games I'll hop on. With as many people and family you have going potentially a buss will be cheaper than ubers :)

Back