(BET) Marquette, Thur., MAR. 9, 12 Noon, FS-1

23 years of never making the Big East Semi Finals at our home court is all you need to know about the state of this perennial under achieving hoops program. A drastic change in the form of a big hire is in order. Let’s hope the guys in charge don’t screw this up.
I've said it before...but barring a Pitino hire, keep Anderson and move to a lesser conference where we can finally kick some ass. Colgate is going to the big dance for the fourth year in a row. Colgate.

quette had an excellent plan to defend Joel: double and even triple team him almost every time he got the ball. My take is that there were two problems, Joel held the ball far too long encouraging defenders to swipe at it and we didn't make other players available for him to pass to. Plenty of blame to go around in that situation.
Bingo!

I still have the T shirt and the hat! Neither has ever been worn.View attachment 591View attachment 592
got that shirt at MSG right after the win- saw them roll away the UConn ones when i was going into the store with my Dad to get one lol.
Was in the 8th grade then... that victory cemented my fandom and 23 years of misery.... I've never forgiven my dad for taking me to that game hahahah....

I've said it before...but barring a Pitino hire, keep Anderson and move to a lesser conference where we can finally kick some ass. Colgate is going to the big dance for the fourth year in a row. Colgate.
Atlantic 10 with teams like St. Joe's, Dayton and VCU wouldn't be a bad fit for us.

Will, and should, never happen.
Don't get me wrong, I would hate to see us leave the BE, but not as much as I would hate to see our teams continue to struggle and move further and further away from our last NCAA appearance.

I’ve figured out my hate of Koleks hair. He’s a young Tucker Carlson
It just dawned on me why I hate him. First of all talking to Stanley while he was on the line waiting to shoot the potential tying ft was low class. You can say that's gamesmanship, I'll just call it poor sportsmanship. The real reason is he reminds me of some of the sleazy dook players.

I hope quette beats pukon, because I really really hate pukon, but I hope they kick Kolek's buttocks. :cool:

It just dawned on me why I hate him. First of all talking to Stanley while he was on the line waiting to shoot the potential tying ft was low class. You can say that's gamesmanship, I'll just call it poor sportsmanship. The real reason is he reminds me of some of the sleazy dook players.

I hope quette beats pukon, because I really really hate pukon, but I hope they kick Kolek's buttocks. :cool:
Wusu got them back yesterday when Marquette coulda iced it at the line. He was talking the whole time they were about to shoot.

probably because he still lacks confidence in his outside shot.
If MA immediately called time out when we got the ball back with about 12 seconds on the clock, maybe Posh or someone else would have had enough time to get off a good shot. Instead he waited till 3.5 seconds to take a time out. The announcers said he'd been trying to call a time out. When the stakes are that high, you don't try and call a time out. You do a back flip or cartwheel, whatever it takes to get the refs' attention.

That home court thing has gone bye-bye. Bad enough we have schools a couple hours away being the majority, but Marquette?
In the last couple of years under our new leadership it has but prior to that we played a significant number of games at the Garden. Certainly far more than any other Big East team.

If MA immediately called time out when we got the ball back with about 12 seconds on the clock, maybe Posh or someone else would have had enough time to get off a good shot. Instead he waited till 3.5 seconds to take a time out. The announcers said he'd been trying to call a time out. When the stakes are that high, you don't try and call a time out. You do a back flip or cartwheel, whatever it takes to get the refs' attention.
The shot we got prior was an open 3 by Storr. The same shot many wish we got with 3.5 left.

Back