(BET) Butler, Wed., Mar. 8, 3p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will watch our guys and root hard as always tomorrow afternoon. In fact, since Davidson is on at 11:30 in their A10 game against the Bonnies, I'll be watching basketball all day long, the day after my wife gets back from 2 week trip to Denver so will be deservedly in the doghouse by 5:30 lol.

Will watch our guys and root hard as always tomorrow afternoon. In fact, since Davidson is on at 11:30 in their A10 game against the Bonnies, I'll be watching basketball all day long, the day after my wife gets back from 2 week trip to Denver so will be deservedly in the doghouse by 5:30 lol.
1.Tell your wife you have to run to the store and will be back in an hour.

2. Leave your cell phone on the kitchen table ( you did this by accident of course ) so when she tries calling you she hears the cell phone ringing and realizes you forgot it.

3. Go meet RedStormNC at a bar to watch the game. Drink Screwdrivers or Whiteclaws that won't give scent of alcohol on your breath but only 2 max 3 so you are coherent.

4. After game have RedstormNC follow you to store parking lot drop your car off and have him drive you home but give him your keys.

5. Tell your wife you must have dropped your keys in the store parking lot and spent the last several hours looking for them and didnt have your cell phone to call her

6. When your wife asks you " why didnt you borrow someones cell phone to call me " you say " That's why I married you I cant believe I didnt think of that you are sooo smart what would I do without you "

7. Pray that works and live to watch the game thursday at noon

8. ( hypothetically speaking of course I lived to tell this story )

1.Tell your wife you have to run to the store and will be back in an hour.

2. Leave your cell phone on the kitchen table ( you did this by accident of course ) so when she tries calling you she hears the cell phone ringing and realizes you forgot it.

3. Go meet RedStormNC at a bar to watch the game. Drink Screwdrivers or Whiteclaws that won't give scent of alcohol on your breath but only 2 max 3 so you are coherent.

4. After game have RedstormNC follow you to store parking lot drop your car off and have him drive you home but give him your keys.

5. Tell your wife you must have dropped your keys in the store parking lot and spent the last several hours looking for them and didnt have your cell phone to call her

6. When your wife asks you " why didnt you borrow someones cell phone to call me " you say " That's why I married you I cant believe I didnt think of that you are sooo smart what would I do without you "

7. Pray that works and live to watch the game thursday at noon

8. ( hypothetically speaking of course I lived to tell this story )
Brilliant, but I’d screw it up.

Better to just take up permanent residence there during the month of March. Thankfully my family and friends that are not college basketball fans have been trained to keep their distance from me during the month of March. It's madness i tell ya! 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

Hmm, do I watch Tottenham get knocked out of the CL at home or do I watch St John’s get knocked out of the BET at home??

Decisions, decisions….

Sadly, my first thought was since SJU/Butler is the very first game of the Tournament we could literally be the first team eliminated. Can we at least preserve a single shred of dignity and win at least this game? I know it doesn’t matter but for some strange reason…

NC Johnnie, ad lib it....."so Darling, Dear, you must be exhausted from the long trip away and the air plane trip home took a lot out of you, I am sure you would like a relaxing day to "veg out", maybe even take a well-deserved nap. And since I am sure your "alone time" is what you need, I will be [ insert best place] not to disturb your relaxation. BUT I made dinnner reservations at your favorite restaurant at 6:00 PM tonight to celebrate your return home and to let you know how much I missed you while you were gone." [Flowers are a good idea too!]

NC Johnnie, ad lib it....."so Darling, Dear, you must be exhausted from the long trip away and the air plane trip home took a lot out of you, I am sure you would like a relaxing day to "veg out", maybe even take a well-deserved nap. And since I am sure your "alone time" is what you need, I will be [ insert best place] not to disturb your relaxation. BUT I made dinnner reservations at your favorite restaurant at 6:00 PM tonight to celebrate your return home and to let you know how much I missed you while you were gone." [Flowers are a good idea too!]
Ha ha, good suggestion BR. I did the second part (kind of) last night. Had her favorite Portugese fish stew waiting for her when she arrived last night which made her very happy. My wife kind of solved the first part for me by telling me this morning she needs time today to wash her hair, sit under the dryer etc. and I of course said no problem, St. John's game is on. Sometimes the good Lord looks out for us unfortunate St. John's fans.

Wife: So today is that Big East Tournament thing?
Me:Yeah.
Wife: What times the game?
Me: 3.
Wife: Any chance this year?
Me: I have hope!?
Wife: Why do you get so frustrated? Oh well. It will all be over by 5:30 or so.

Wash rinse repeat.
ME: I AM GOING TO THE BET FOR THE UMPTEENTH YEAR IN A ROW
WIFE: DON'T GET AS DRUNK AS YOU USUALLY DO
ME: I only do that when St. John's wins
Wife: LIAR!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back