(BET) Butler, Wed., Mar. 8, 3p, FS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i must be the only one thinking that, if they get past Butler, they stand a fighting chance against MQ to get into the semi's. I know they still wouldn't get into the NCAA with that alone, but at least an NIT?
You are correct.

It always amazes me that some folks think their private off topic conversations are of interest to anyone else. Basic courtesy. Use the pm feature. It wastes other people’s time.
Ok. Ok. You are correct. But to be fair, we didn’t swerve too far off topic.

I a roundabout way we were discussing how apathetic we have grown towards this team, that we will watch something else.

I a roundabout way we were discussing how apathetic we have grown towards this team, that we will watch something else.
Here is the thing. People talk off topic at times because a lot of us are friends and know each other real well and we talk to each like friends would. In other words we have normal conversations

That's why the site Is so great it's not because of our last 20 years of fantastic basketball or groundbreaking basketball analysis breaking down the Jarvis Weave, how many times does Lavin eat Dinner, how many times does Mullin sit on the scorers table ( I take credit for calling him out on that first ) or how CMA's offense just stands around and our defense rolls out a red carpet to let other teams take 3's

But if you would like to buy me a beer for the 13 seconds it took me to read the off topic soccer posts I'll gladly take it :)

Here is the thing. People talk off topic at times because a lot of us are friends and know each other real well and we talk to each like friends would. In other words we have normal conversations

That's why the site Is so great it's not because of our last 20 years of fantastic basketball or groundbreaking basketball analysis breaking down the Jarvis Weave, how many times does Lavin eat Dinner, how many times does Mullin sit on the scorers table ( I take credit for calling him out on that first ) or how CMA's offense just stands around and our defense rolls out a red carpet to let other teams take 3's
Mike, you are so right about calling out Mullin for sitting on the scorer's table. Everytime I see a coach sitting on the scorer's table, I think of you! :ROFLMAO:

To be honest, while not a soccer fan at all, I find the occasional off topic aside posts fine as long as they don't go on too long and far less annoying than the endlessly repetitious posts that sometimes plague the board.

Last edited:

But if you would like to buy me a beer for the 13 seconds it took me to read the off topic soccer posts I'll gladly take it :)
I am sensitive to topics going off the rails. Part of moderating is bringing discussions to their originally intended topic.

But sometimes interruptions are inevitable. As long as they are little bumps.

To be honest, while not a soccer fan at all, I find the occasional off topic aside posts fine as long as they don't go on too long and far less annoying than the endlessly repetitious posts that sometimes plague the board.
Amen! There are at least 3 posters here that haven’t posted on any subject other than Fire Mike Anderson, in months! It’s in every post, every game thread, every preview thread for the next game, every recruiting thread etc…ad nauseam. Enough! We got it after your first 500 posts.

For the players' sake, and for mine for a brief moment or two of my enjoyment, I am still invested in the game and want them to win. I will be dutifully watching on some app at my desk and dream of playing hookey on Thursday at Noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back