Around the Big East

SHU Jaquan Harris in the Portal. That is 9 SHU players in the Portal+2 graduating players (Dawes and Bediako). Only 2 players Coleman and Tubek returning.

I recall on social media last year SHU fans accusing Pitino of "running off players" on his roster last year when he overhauled the roster.

But now when it is their side doing it it's "oh Sha loves these guys" or "it is mutual" or "they are better off going to a lower level to find playing time..."

It is so funny how when it is happening to the other guy it shows they are evil. When it happens to "us" it is because "we care about the kid..."

Running them off or not Shaheen is going to have to coach his ass off next year just to be decent. They aren't replacing these kids with big time recruits/transfers. That roster is going to be...well...

SHU Jaquan Harris in the Portal. That is 9 SHU players in the Portal+2 graduating players (Dawes and Bediako). Only 2 players Coleman and Tubek returning.

I recall on social media last year SHU fans accusing Pitino of "running off players" on his roster last year when he overhauled the roster.

But now when it is their side doing it it's "oh Sha loves these guys" or "it is mutual" or "they are better off going to a lower level to find playing time..."

It is so funny how when it is happening to the other guy it shows they are evil. When it happens to "us" it is because "we care about the kid..."

Running them off or not Shaheen is going to have to coach his ass off next year just to be decent. They aren't replacing these kids with big time recruits/transfers. That roster is going to be...well...
My friend told me they have a multi-page thread devoted solely to Mike Repole. On a Seton Hall board. That’s wild.

I would offer this, never count Holloway out of any BB situation .

He proved he could take mid Major kids at St Peter’s to the Elite 8 .
He will come up with enough players to field a team and play his style of Ball .
I think Shaheen can Coach players up , without a doubt . Remember he took last years team to 4 th place in the BE , despite being picked 9 th in preseason .
And , if he gets any sort of NIL Donations from Alums , etc he will grab off a top talent kid form somewhere in NJ , NY .

Posh Alexander???? And while I understand there are posters who still genuflect at the mere mention of his name, but what can Posh possibly offer an NBA team?

Just as a reminder, college players can enter and then return back to college so realistically what is the downside of him throwing his name out there? He's going to get some feedback on what he needs to work on which is only good for his future.

Back