Around the Big East

Some of you guys killing Hurley for pumping up the conference. 🥸
For me it is simple. A friend of my enemy is my enemy.

Hurley is UConn’s coach, therefore I dislike him.

They made the final four. Great achievement and great for the BE. Now I will root against UConn immediately.

The euphoria will disappear once you realize their already a front running fans will now have another reason to act like degenerates.

They made the final four. Great achievement and great for the BE. Now I will root against UConn immediately.

The euphoria will disappear once you realize their already a front running fans will now have another reason to act like degenerates.
They (including Hurley) want out of the conference ASAP and will trash it as soon as they leave. So, I don't know how good it is for the BE. The good news on the fan front is they are already so insufferable that they can't go any lower anyway, win or lose. So that doesn't really matter.

And once they leave we can finally be done with them for good.

omg UConn.... they are man-handling teams like that Nova run with Brunson/Bridges/Dante/Spellman...

Hawkins is gonna be a stud in the League.... not gonna be sad to see him go. Clingan is gonna give Joel a run next year- hopefully Adama wants to go make money (since he apparently can't in college) somewhere

Rick said Uconn was one of the best teams he had ever faced after the Iona game. Uconn is averaging wins by 22+.

The thing to do is root for Creighton today to make the Final 4

Then root for Uconn and Creighton in semi finals.

Then pray/root for Creighton to teach Uconn and its fans Humility in the finals

One of the things I do enjoy about UCONN’s success this March is that we can use it to shut up those who always say the Big East is a dead conference. It’s become a stale trope that is repeated all the time in every venue. Hell St. John’s fans sometimes say it to excuse our mediocrity. UCONN’s success this season , along with Marquette, Xavier, Creighton etc illustrate at what a high level Big East basketball is played every night. We don’t need football for that.

I can’t wait to beat UCONN again next season.

Agree. Great achievement for Hurley to reach the Final Four in his 3rd year in the Big East, and I'd like them to congratulate us when we do it, although I know that's fantasy, lol.
But now, I'm rooting for Miami and Jim Larranaga to prevail over Texas and then beat UCONN.

Granted, we all hate UConn, and we'll d root for Creighton if comes to a national title, but having two BE teams in Final Four will show the power of the conference and its superiority to the over-hyped Power 5, which should help with recruiting.

If we really want to silence obnoxious UConn fans, it's simple: just beat them reguarly, something feasible now that Pitino's in the driver's seat..

So for me, it's conference first, and hating UConn second.

Granted, we all hate UConn, and we'll d root for Creighton if comes to a national title, but having two BE teams in Final Four will show the power of the conference and its superiority to the over-hyped Power 5, which should help with recruiting.

If we really want to silence obnoxious UConn fans, it's simple: just beat them reguarly, something feasible now that Pitino's in the driver's seat..

So for me, it's conference first, and hating UConn second.
Moot point now that Creighton's gone. I suppose UConn getting into Final Four is statement enough for the BE conference. Looking forward to Miami advancing. Not an ACC fan, but grew up in same Bronx neighborhood (Parkcheter) as the Larranaga brothers -- Jim and his older brother, a former Johnnie. Played on same courtsm, but definitely not with guys of their skill set. Plus, his post-game dancing won me -- and lots of others around the country -- over. And P.S. I can't stand Texas and Big 12 teams.

UConn and The U face off in the Final 4.
Former Big East doormat against 4x Champs.
This ain’t your Constantine Popa’s Hurricanes.
Ah , Constantine Popa , a Hurricane from the early Days of the BE .. he was like 7’4 and 200 lbs ..

Back