Around College Basketball

ISU HC turned them around at lightning speed when hired & now ready to take on all comers, excellent hire & job

I don't like it because too many people will now have them in Final Four, and in other years a team like them would be the one to separate the pretenders from the contenders in March Madness pools.

Underperformed compared to what? UNC was ranked 19th preseason.
His team was favored to win the ACC Tournament Championship. Did they win? Did Duke beat them? They got beat by a mediocre NC State team. I live in Raleigh so I've heard the disappointment by fans and talk show hosts down here. That's what I'm comparing it to.

His team was favored to win the ACC Tournament Championship. Did they win? Did Duke beat them? They got beat by a mediocre NC State team. I live in Raleigh so I've heard the disappointment by fans and talk show hosts down here. That's what I'm comparing it to.
Fair enough if you're talking about underperforming strictly based on expectations leading into ACC tourney which in turn were based on them way overachieving regular season expectations.
Last year, Hubert's team clearly underperformed. If they get eliminated early in the dance this year, will be fair to say they underperformed this year. But 3 of the top 4 teams didn't win their regular season tournament so to say they underperformed just because of that I think is premature.

Back