April 01, 2022

Fresh start

There are definitely some things to work through but a few notes:

1. There were two migrations completed overnight. One migrated the existing live redmen.com forum. The other migrated two old archives with posts and other data going back to 1999. In the first migration we were not able to migrate over Private messages. This new system has a very powerful and updated forum and private messaging system. But we did not have an easy path to migrate. We also could not import user avatars and other photos you may have had on your redmen.com profile. These things are not lost. You can still access them and if you like, update your profile and your fancy new account. But strange enough some of the second migration (the older data) we were able to import some of those things. So you may have some private messages in your account now going back many years. And some of the accounts got their avatar updated but from their very old version.
  2. I will be leaving parts of redmen.com functioning for a little while in order to help everyone migrate and to give everyone time to clear out private messages and collect old avatars or pictures.
  3. Some of the old archives are currently visible to all members. Have fun with that. Some older forum archives and in that migration ( some posts and private messages from 1999-2011) some of the old avatars are private messages were imported.
  4. I believe all of your accounts were also merged properly. So your past redmen.com self and your account as it was yesterday - here now and moving forward.
  5. The Rookie Forum still lives. But we have a different approach. Rookies can now post in the main Fan forum but noobs can still have a place to be noob... Moderation has some new elements and if people don't behave they will be banned. New processes and standards forthcoming. For now -play nice.
  6. Everyone will need to reset their password on the new forum. As long as your email was valid, this should be no problem. If it wasn't valid, contact me and we'll fix it.
  7. IMPORTANT: no more user handles. Your username is your handle. Whatever your username is, that is your handle. For anyone that had a username that was different than their handle/display name, you can change your username in your account.
  8. IMPORTANT: For anyone whose username was your email address I had to substitute a random username for you. You should definitely change your username in these case because the ones that I gave you are super lame and people will feel sorry for you for representing so poorly... ;)
  9. There will be ongoing updates and tweak over the next few days. I encourage anyone who needs help to contact me directly. I will also be publishing some tutorials on new features like using the forum as an app on your phone and https://red.fans

I know there are some issues to work through and new features to absorb. And oh yea, I hope you enjoyed my April Fools message.

Last edited:
Fresh start

1. There were two migrations completed overnight. One migrated the existing live redmen.com site. The other migrated two old archives with posts and other data going back to 1999. In the first migration we were not able to migrate over Private messages. This new system has a very powerful and updated forum and private messaging system. But we did not have an easy path to migrate. We also could not import user avatars and other photos you may have had on your redmen.com profile. These things are not lost. You can still access them and if you like, update your profile and your fancy new account. But strange enough some of the second migration (the older data) we were able to import some of those things. So you may have some private messages in your account now going back many years. And some of the accounts got their avatar updated but from their very old version.
  2. I will be leaving parts of redmen.com functioning for a little while in order to help everyone migrate and to give everyone time to clear out private messages and collect old avatars or pictures.
  3. Some of the old archives are currently visible to all members. Have fun with that. Some older forum archives and in that migration ( some posts and private messages from 1999-2011) some of the old avatars are private messages were imported.
  4. I believe all of your accounts were also merged properly. So your past redmen.com self and your account as it was yesterday - here now and moving forward.
  5. The Rookie Forum still lives. But we have a different approach. Rookies can now post in the main Fan forum but noobs can still have a place to be noob... Moderation has some new elements and if people don't behave they will be banned. New processes and standards forthcoming. For now -play nice.
  6. Everyone will need to reset their password on the new forum. As long as your email was valid, this should be no problem. If it wasn't valid, contact me and we'll fix it.
  7. IMPORTANT: no more user handles. Your username is your handle. Whatever your username is, that is your handle. For anyone that had a username that was different than their handle/display name, you can change your username in your account.
  8. IMPORTANT: For anyone whose username was your email address I had to substitute a random username for you. You should definitely change your username in these case because the ones that I gave you are super lame and people will feel sorry for you for representing so poorly... ;)
  9. There will be ongoing updates and tweak over the next few days. I encourage anyone who needs help to contact me directly. I will also be publishing some tutorials on new features like using the forum as an app on your phone and https://red.fans

I know there are some issues to work through and new features to absorb. And oh yea, I hope you enjoyed my April Fools message.
Thank you Paul, I am really looking forward to the new site and taking a look at some of the old archived posts, just for old times sake. Apologies for the earlier messages, I thought I was missing something...

Fresh start

1. There were two migrations completed overnight. One migrated the existing live redmen.com site. The other migrated two old archives with posts and other data going back to 1999. In the first migration we were not able to migrate over Private messages. This new system has a very powerful and updated forum and private messaging system. But we did not have an easy path to migrate. We also could not import user avatars and other photos you may have had on your redmen.com profile. These things are not lost. You can still access them and if you like, update your profile and your fancy new account. But strange enough some of the second migration (the older data) we were able to import some of those things. So you may have some private messages in your account now going back many years. And some of the accounts got their avatar updated but from their very old version.

Well I guess the site didn’t get hacked by the Russians

This is an ingenious plot set forth by Paul to have the upgrade coincide with April Fool’s Day.

Is it real? Or is it not?

testing out first post on this site...Brian3->Bucketshardy.... still not convinced its not an elaborate Aprils Fools joke as Marbles mentioned lol...

If not a joke- look forward to the new interface
Not sure if you are eliciting feedback here... but on the prior site- when i clicked the title of a thread with say, 30+ updates from my last access of it... it brought me to where i last left off. Now when clicking the title - it brings me to the first page.

Thanks Paul...

Three questions
1) is the website address name www.redmen.com going away or will that still be the redirect and/or default to get to this new forum? What will the actual website address be ?

2) for those who had the old address saved on desktop/mobile... I don't think I would have found this unless NCJohnnie told me that he re-typed it out and got to a log in screen. Think others won't realize ?

3) will the quote functionality still exist where it will copy the long chain that makes it hard to read?

Last edited:
Thanks Paul...

Three questions
1) is the website address name www.redmen.com going away or will that still be the redirect and/or default to get to this new forum? What will the actual website address be ?

2) for those who had the old address saved on desktop/mobile... I don't think I would have found this unless NCJohnnie told me that he re-typed it out and got to a log in screen. Think others won't realize ?

3) will the quote functionality still exist where it will copy the long chain that makes it hard to read?
1) the future is: https://red.fans redmen.com will remain live for the time being for the reasons outlined in my original post item#2.
2) On the redmen.com site the Forum link now goes here. Also you can now install the red.fans forum on your mobile home screen and it will function as an App. this works on both iphone and android but works better on android
3) quoting is now limited to only one level. Overall the site should be a massive improvement for mobile use. keep the feedback coming including problems you encounter or suggestions for improvement. There are also some organizing features now available to all users and at a global level such as Bookmarking and Threadmarking. I do have a few more features in the queue to rollout.

1) the future is: https://red.fans redmen.com will remain live for the time being for the reasons outlined in my original post item#2.
2) On the redmen.com site the Forum link now goes here. Also you can now install the red.fans forum on your mobile home screen and it will function as an App. this works on both iphone and android but works better on android
3) quoting is now limited to only one level. Overall the site should be a massive improvement for mobile use. keep the feedback coming including problems you encounter or suggestions for improvement. There are also some organizing features now available to all users and at a global level such as Bookmarking and Threadmarking. I do have a few more features in the queue to rollout.

Was redmen.fans taken? If so maybe we could get redmen.onlyfans?

Not sure if you are eliciting feedback here... but on the prior site- when i clicked the title of a thread with say, 30+ updates from my last access of it... it brought me to where i last left off. Now when clicking the title - it brings me to the first page.

On desktop/laptop you can use the "What's New" button. On phone it will appear as a Lightning bolt.

1648844923490.png
1648844871594.png

1648844880538.png

Last edited:
Is it me or are the times of the postings off? See above as some are for times after 5:05PM (eastern daylight time) when I wrote this

App install on phone is cool...easy access

Paul - fyi.....small one...but in profile, it looks like date of birth is defaulted to Jan 1, 2001.

Says
"Once your birthday has been entered, it cannot be changed. Please contact an administrator if it is incorrect."

App install on phone is cool...easy access

Paul - fyi.....small one...but in profile, it looks like date of birth is defaulted to Jan 1, 2001.

Says
"Once your birthday has been entered, it cannot be changed. Please contact an administrator if it is incorrect."

OK I'll enable users to change that but right now there is no on/off switch to make that happen so I can do it manually for anyone that wants a
change.

Back