All Things World Cup

[quote="Section9" post=289011][quote="Class of 72" post=288995][quote="Section9" post=288988][quote="TX Redman" post=288975]Deutschland en trubl. Swedes could be up 3-0 at HT.

What a goal by Kroos! They are still alive. Great game.[/quote]

Now all we have to do is pound S. Korea and hope Sveirge beats Mexico. Actually, all we have to do is pound S. Korea, a clean sheet for Manu and goals by Timo, Meuller, Draxler and Reus will do.;) :)[/quote]

Great goal by Germany at the end of the game off a penalty. Sweden, up one extra man, gave the game away.
Happy for both Germany and Mexico in the group.[/quote]

Screw Mexico.;) :)[/quote]

Never screw your neighbors.;)
Been to Mexico many times and they have a passion for football.

[quote="Class of 72" post=289012][quote="Section9" post=289011][quote="Class of 72" post=288995][quote="Section9" post=288988][quote="TX Redman" post=288975]Deutschland en trubl. Swedes could be up 3-0 at HT.

Now all we have to do is pound S. Korea and hope Sveirge beats Mexico. Actually, all we have to do is pound S. Korea, a clean sheet for Manu and goals by Timo, Meuller, Draxler and Reus will do.;) :)[/quote]

Great goal by Germany at the end of the game off a penalty. Sweden, up one extra man, gave the game away.

Been to Mexico many times and they have a passion for football.[/quote]

That's nice, they beat Germany, screw 'em.;) :)

[quote="Section9" post=289014][quote="Class of 72" post=289012][quote="Section9" post=289011][quote="Class of 72" post=288995][quote="Section9" post=288988][quote="TX Redman" post=288975]Deutschland en trubl. Swedes could be up 3-0 at HT.

That's nice, they beat Germany, screw 'em.;) :)[/quote]

I'm hoping Germany reaches the final but they have been underperforming thus far. That miracle goal off a penalty yesteday may have saved them from National Disgrace.:cheer:

[quote="Class of 72" post=289020][quote="Section9" post=289014][quote="Class of 72" post=289012][quote="Section9" post=289011][quote="Class of 72" post=288995][quote="Section9" post=288988][quote="TX Redman" post=288975]Deutschland en trubl. Swedes could be up 3-0 at HT.

That's nice, they beat Germany, screw 'em.;) :)[/quote]

I'm hoping Germany reaches the final but they have been underperforming thus far. That miracle goal off a penalty yesteday may have saved them from National Disgrace.:cheer:[/quote]

Maybe that'll wake 'em up. They need to crush S. Korea to get some momentum going into the knock out rounds.

Next to Ronldo's goal to tie Spain, Kroos's goal is the best of the Cup.

As much as I hate Suarez, I'm glad they exposed the ruskies today. First time they face a decent team and they get whipped.:cheer: :p

My goal today for Peru is simple. Haven’t slept one hour so I just want to go out and see them score a freaking goal. Game means nothing . Play for pride

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=289151]My goal today for Peru is simple. Haven’t slept one hour so I just want to go out and see them score a freaking goal. Game means nothing . Play for pride[/quote]

It's pisco time:)

[quote="Section9" post=289152][quote="mjmaherjr" post=289151]My goal today for Peru is simple. Haven’t slept one hour so I just want to go out and see them score a freaking goal. Game means nothing . Play for pride[/quote]
You can count on that !!
It's pisco time:)[/quote]

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=289155][quote="Section9" post=289152][quote="mjmaherjr" post=289151]My goal today for Peru is simple. Haven’t slept one hour so I just want to go out and see them score a freaking goal. Game means nothing . Play for pride[/quote]

It's pisco time:)[/quote][/quote] you can count on that !!!!

Nice win by Peru today. They got some bad breaks in the Denmark game. They should have come out with a tie.

[quote="Tom in Salem" post=289163]3rd place.[/quote] nathalie owns an apartment in Plaza San Martin that she rents on Airbnb so we were in the plaza this morning at a bar to watch the game. No one at the bar except for Nathalie me and 1 other person. Lina was just another work day today. Very depressing. First goal scored and the downtown erupted. Horns honking on cars and cars being left on the streets and the drivers running to the TV sets at the bars and everyone yelling ARRIIBA PERU !!!! At the half everyone starts running out of stores and buildings with Peru kits over their dress shirts under their coats ( its winter here ) and literally a mad dash to the Plaza De Armas where they had the game on big screens but maybe 200 people were there. 200 turned into minimum 5k and probably 10k and school kids in uniforms all left school too. When Guerrero scored it was deafening !!! When Carilllo was subbed out the place went nuts cheering for him. When Peru won advancing didn’t matter. The country that hasn’t made the World Cup in 36 years got their pride back today

[attachment=251]F0C4B884-050B-4665-BF82-FCFBD783CEC4.jpeg[/attachment] [attachment=252]4CF49E53-CDA0-48F0-B8CD-51B350A45627.jpeg[/attachment]

Last edited:
[quote="mjmaherjr" post=289184]Btw the bottom pic for section9 is pisco sour[/quote]

Yeah, how many did you have before you posted those shots? or, did you tilt your head sideways so they looked ok to you?:) :)

[quote="Section9" post=289192][quote="mjmaherjr" post=289184]Btw the bottom pic for section9 is pisco sour[/quote]

Yeah, how many did you have before you posted those shots? or, did you tilt your head sideways so they looked ok to you?:) :)[/quote] totally sober but for some reason when I put pics up they come sideways and upside down but I’m my phone they are normal

I think it has something to o with being on the other side of the equator.

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=289200][quote="Section9" post=289192][quote="mjmaherjr" post=289184]Btw the bottom pic for section9 is pisco sour[/quote]

Yeah, how many did you have before you posted those shots? or, did you tilt your head sideways so they looked ok to you?:) :)[/quote] totally sober but for some reason when I put pics up they come sideways and upside down but I’m my phone they are normal[/quote]

Are you holding your phone sideways when you're looking at 'em:)

Back