All Things World Cup

[quote="TX Redman" post=289928][quote="TX Redman" post=289674][quote="TX Redman" post=289336]My picks in (brackets):

Uruguay-Portugal (Portugal)
France-Argentina (France)
Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)
Croatia-Denmark (Croatia)
Sweden-Switzerland (Swiss)
Colombia-England (Colombia)

I could see any one of these going the other way though... :)[/quote]

QF's:
Uruguay-France (France)
Brazil-Belgium (Belgium, please for the love of humanity)
Russia-Croatia (Croatia)
Sweden-England (England, unfortunately...)[/quote]

France - Belgium (France) Should be a great game
Croatia - England (Croatia) It's not coming home... :)[/quote]

I'm going with Belgium and, against my better intuition, England. Depending on how Subicic and the team recovers I could switch to Croatia.

Belgium wins it all.

[quote="Section9" post=289946][quote="TX Redman" post=289928][quote="TX Redman" post=289674][quote="TX Redman" post=289336]My picks in (brackets):

Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)

QF's:
Uruguay-France (France)
Russia-Croatia (Croatia)

I'm going with Belgium and, against my better intuition, England. Depending on how Subicic and the team recovers I could switch to Croatia.

Belgium wins it all.[/quote]

Okay for the third and final time I'm flipping to Croatia. Kovac is Croatian and Bayern are rumored to be going after Rebic and Rakitic. In my world, that's reason enough to pick them.

[quote="Section9" post=290030][quote="Section9" post=289946][quote="TX Redman" post=289928][quote="TX Redman" post=289674][quote="TX Redman" post=289336]My picks in (brackets):

Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)

QF's:
Uruguay-France (France)
Russia-Croatia (Croatia)

Okay for the third and final time I'm flipping to Croatia. Kovac is Croatian and Bayern are rumored to be going after Rebic and Rakitic. In my world, that's reason enough to pick them.[/quote] where can I find out of Bayern has a home game between sept 26 and 29 ?

[quote="TX Redman" post=290074]where can I find out of Bayern has a home game between sept 26 and 29 ?

https://fcbayern.com/en/fixtures/profis

Staying for Oktoberfest?[/quote] trying to coordinate dates now to get off work. Those would be the dates for Munich if we can work it out because have friends going to Oktoberfest those dates so figured if we did it might be fun to see a game too

Is that match day 6 home ? Why does it show 2 dates on the left ?

Last edited:
Let's go England!
I took my wife to the Justin Timberlake show on Monday. He had the whole crowd singing It's Coming Home. It was pretty cool to hear 20,000 people going crazy.

Google Bayern Munich and go to their web site. They've already announced that all their home and away games are sold out so you'll have to go to a re-seller. If you manage to score tickets you'll have me envious.

The best game would be Bayern vs. Dortmund in Dortmund that place is insane but it goes up to 11/10 when Bayern visit.

[quote="mjmaherjr" post=290075][quote="TX Redman" post=290074]where can I find out of Bayern has a home game between sept 26 and 29 ?

https://fcbayern.com/en/fixtures/profis

Staying for Oktoberfest?[/quote] trying to coordinate dates now to get off work. Those would be the dates for Munich if we can work it out because have friends going to Oktoberfest those dates so figured if we did it might be fun to see a game too

Is that match day 6 home ? Why does it show 2 dates on the left ?[/quote]

They're at Hertha Berlin on the 28th, sorry.

[quote="Section9" post=289706]Not that this is WC specific, but is anybody buying the Ronaldo to Juve rumors? If true that would trigger some massive transfer spending by the big boys.[/quote]

It won't take Real long to replace him. Rumor was they were courting Neymar a few months ago. Latest also adds M'Bappe and Hazzard to the mix.

This is going to be a fun transfer window.

Last edited:
[quote="mjmaherjr" post=290068][quote="Section9" post=290030][quote="Section9" post=289946][quote="TX Redman" post=289928][quote="TX Redman" post=289674][quote="TX Redman" post=289336]My picks in (brackets):

Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)

QF's:
Uruguay-France (France)
Russia-Croatia (Croatia)

Okay for the third and final time I'm flipping to Croatia. Kovac is Croatian and Bayern are rumored to be going after Rebic and Rakitic. In my world, that's reason enough to pick them.[/quote] where can I find out of Bayern has a home game between sept 26 and 29 ?[/quote]

Move your trip up a couple of days. Bayern play Augsburg in the Bavarian Derby on the 25th at the Allianz Arena. Good luck finding tickets.:)

[quote="simplyred" post=289963]Belgium and England. Either way, Man City win.[/quote]
[attachment=268]D40ADDE9-E095-4DFF-B358-57AAEAAA9F92.jpeg[/attachment]

[quote="Section9" post=290053]Nuts, now it's on to Croatia tomorrow.[/quote]

Bayern's coach is Croatian. Mandukic used to play for Bayern. It's Croatian karma baby.:) ;)

[quote="TX Redman" post=289928][quote="TX Redman" post=289674][quote="TX Redman" post=289336]My picks in (brackets):

Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)

QF's:
Uruguay-France (France)
Russia-Croatia (Croatia)

Good game today. Happy for the Croats. As much as I would like to see them beat France, I doubt it will happen. The French get an extra day to recover and Croatia has had to go to ET in 3 straight games. Their tank is on fumes.

France - Croatia (France)

[quote="TX Redman" post=290131][quote="TX Redman" post=289928][quote="TX Redman" post=289674][quote="TX Redman" post=289336]My picks in (brackets):

Brazil-Mexico (Brazil)
Belgium-Japan (Belgium)
Spain-Russia (Spain)

QF's:
Uruguay-France (France)
Russia-Croatia (Croatia)

Good game today. Happy for the Croats. As much as I would like to see them beat France, I doubt it will happen. The French get an extra day to recover and Croatia has had to go to ET in 3 straight games. Their tank is on fumes.

France - Croatia (France)[/quote]

But the way this world cup's gone.................................................?

My parents have Croatia in my friends office pool and I promised if they win that will be vacation next year so GOOOOOOOOOO CROATIA !!!!!

Had a great time at the game, wished it were a little more exciting but the atmosphere is quite unique being in a stadium with fans from around the world repping their countries.

Would post more pictures but not sure the pregnant wife would appreciate it. She was a real trooper lol.

[quote="sirvoo" post=290150]Had a great time at the game, wished it were a little more exciting but the atmosphere is quite unique being in a stadium with fans from around the world repping their countries.

Would post more pictures but not sure the pregnant wife would appreciate it. She was a real trooper lol.[/quote]

Very cool, I am envious!

Back