98-99 Elite Eight Team Honored

My three toughest losses as a Johnnie’s fan, in no order, was that game, the DePaul Comegys game and the game that my friends will still bring up if they want to see me go off, the Singleton tech game against Duke.
A funny story in my family scrapbook on the DePaul fiasco, I was visiting my parents in NH and decided to stay and watch the game there. My Mom, knowing my big temper and even bigger mouth, begged me to behave as she was having a church group over. As the game got down to the short hairs I started pacing and muttering to myself. The muttering went up in volume as Terry Bross did his thing and as Comegys was at the line I just kept saying out loud, “just box, you just have to box“ about 10 times. When he SO jumped the gun and scored with no call, I took the empty beer can I was holding, fired it against the wall, screaming epithet's laced with MF’s like I was being paid by the syllable.
I came back to reality only to hear my Mom open the door to their downstairs bar/ game room, I started apologizing profusely when one of her church friends stuck her head in the doorway and said something to the effect of “don’t worry, your mom warned us that from the start of the game to the end, we were more than likely going to be entertained by tirades that would make seamen blush.”
She turned away but came right back, and this I remember verbatim, with a classic ball busting look on her face said “I guess your team lost.”
The internet came too late. I would have loved to have read that version of Logen posting on game threads. You would have fit right in with the theme of the posters.Talk about high entertainment value. 😁😉

The internet came too late. I would have loved to have read that version of Logen posting on game threads. You would have fit right in with the theme of the posters.Talk about high entertainment value. 😁😉
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This was a great night out. Thanks Maher!!! On top of meeting a bunch of former players with some photo ops and shaking hands with Pitino, it was great hanging out with ejoyce, IDRAFT, NYCREDMEN, Panther, David Russel and SJU Dave. I forget a couple other guys names. My apologies.
Worst part of the night though was grand central station. What the heck with that escalator climbing on a 80 degree incline/decline what seemed like 10,000 ft?? Man don’t look up or down!!!

Last edited:
This was a great night out. Thanks Maher!!! On top of meeting a bunch of former players with some photo ops and shaking hands with Pitino, it was great hanging out with ejoyce, IDRAFT, NYCREDMEN, Panther, David Russel and SJU Dave. I forget a couple other guys names. My apologies.
Worst part of the night though was grand central station. What the heck with that escalator climbing on a 80 degree incline/decline what seemed like 10,000 ft?? Man don’t look up or down!!!
Thanks but credit definitely goes out to Matt A on this. He had 4 extra tickets and asked me if there would be 4 redmen.com guys specifically that would want to go. That was an easy one for me I could have given him 50 names if he had enough tickets. Wish I could have made it but I think not blowing off my anniversary was the right call :)

Matt A always looking to come up with ideas for redmen/redfans. Huge friend to our site

Thanks but credit definitely goes out to Matt A on this. He had 4 extra tickets and asked me if there would be 4 redmen.com guys specifically that would want to go. That was an easy one for me I could have given him 50 names if he had enough tickets. Wish I could have made it but I think not blowing off my anniversary was the right call :)

Matt A always looking to come up with ideas for redmen/redfans. Huge friend to our site
Absolutely!! This was awesome that he reached out to you (are you sure you weren’t added to the staff as assistant assistant fan promotion coach?)

I’ve enjoyed my couple of interactions with Matt A now. Really nice guy.

Last edited:
Meeting up with Eric at the top of the Grand Central station was one of the highlights, as it meant I had made it back to civilization from middle earth.

Back