2024/2025 Roster

talk to me about Wlicher.... I see the "potential" and believe he will get to the proverbial "there".... but i can't shake what i saw vs SH in the BET... he looked shook out there... not a player that had a full season under his belt ready to make that leap....

you guys hearing things from Practice...?
He never got past the thinking stage last year. When players learn to react and trust their mechanics and instincts, the growth isn’t just gradual…it’s exponential.

He’s got a sweet stroke which will be needed and he can fill in the gaps depending on who is on the floor with some distributing, pushing the ball in transition, and handling the ball in the half court. I expect him to be very dangerous shooting and in secondary transition.

I think the assists come in 2025-26.

talk to me about Wlicher.... I see the "potential" and believe he will get to the proverbial "there".... but i can't shake what i saw vs SH in the BET... he looked shook out there... not a player that had a full season under his belt ready to make that leap....

you guys hearing things from Practice...?
Players develop? Freshmen become sophomores?

Just spitballing here

He never got past the thinking stage last year. When players learn to react and trust their mechanics and instincts, the growth isn’t just gradual…it’s exponential.

He’s got a sweet stroke which will be needed and he can fill in the gaps depending on who is on the floor with some distributing, pushing the ball in transition, and handling the ball in the half court. I expect him to be very dangerous shooting and in secondary transition.

I think the assists come in 2025-26.
^^This, 1000%
While I love our HOF coach, I had a lot of criticisms of his personnel management last year. One of the biggest ones was pulling guys after they made a mistake; he did it to other guys too but he constantly did it to Sim. You do that too many times, you get what you got in the SH game.

We are going to look back at the end of the year and have a nice chuckle thinking that anyone doubted this kid. He's going to explode this year.

We are going to look back at the end of the year and have a nice chuckle thinking that anyone doubted this kid. He's going to explode this year.
not doubting he will be successful... dont think anyone on the board would argue that... just didnt see what one would expect to see in a freshman season from a player to justify an expected "explosive" sophmore year...

One could make more of a case that Brady showed more on the floor last year than Sim did to make a case for an "explosive" sophmore season. Different positions- i get it... anyway...

not doubting he will be successful... dont think anyone on the board would argue that... just didnt see what one would expect to see in a freshman season from a player to justify an expected "explosive" sophmore year...

One could make more of a case that Brady showed more on the floor last year than Sim did to make a case for an "explosive" sophmore season. Different positions- i get it... anyway...
With the erratic way Pitino coached last year, which was reflected in erratic performances from 5th year players. I am curious with what you expected to see from freshmen who even had less defined roles.
I may be in the minority but if that is the way this year is approached, I see more of the same Jekyll and Hyde results. And for sure, I hope that does not happen,

With the erratic way Pitino coached last year, which was reflected in erratic performances from 5th year players. I am curious with what you expected to see from freshmen who even had less defined roles.
I may be in the minority but if that is the way this year is approached, I see more of the same Jekyll and Hyde results. And for sure, I hope that does not happen,
I agree. Having 17 different starting line-ups was almost as detrimental to us missing the NCAA as no beating any tournament team. NIL and rapid fire transfers make it harder to form a long term cohesive unit. It’s a whole different ball game and the players and coaches have to be able to adjust even if it means eating a little crow.

It’s because of this everytime I read a forecasting article saying we are a top 20 team I say ‘I can see that’ and every time I see one saying we are a top 50 team I say ‘I can see that as well’

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. The mental stuff doesn't bother me...yeah, I hoped he would've come along a little quicker but as I said, when you're not allowed to play through mistakes you start playing not to make mistakes. But the physical gifts...hoo boy. He was at a noticeably different level than anyone on last years team. The speed with the ball in his hand, the explosiveness, the elevation on the jumper, the stroke. Brady had a few nice games shooting the ball (with that flat-ass jumper that had to be re-tooled). Talent-wise he's not in the same solar system as Sim, so I would respectfully disagree with you on who showed more likelihood to make the leap this year. By the end of the year it was obvious.

There's things you can learn and there's things you either have or you don't. Experience will take care of the former. The latter, Sim has "it". As Marillac said, I expect a quantum leap. Fingers crossed.

Back