2024/2025 Roster

Coach Pitino had all of the players on this years team stand at the Carnesecca Dinner introduced, them and then said a few things. While not using his exact words, here are some of his comments from memory (by player (not in exact order)

Dunlap - Worked hard and will be a real important piece due to his ability to knock down shots. Praised his loyalty for staying when he could have left because of playing time last year.

Wilcher - Praised his loyalty as he could have left because of playing time. He decided to not go to UNC due to our better academics. Had the best summer of anyone else.

Ejifor - Has worked real hard and come a long way. Has improved his offense and is now a legitimate three point shooter. He never has a bad day. Left Kansas because he wanted to play for a better coach (He then called Bill Self one of the best coaches in the game).

Scott - The best two way player on the team. Can do a lot of things on both sides of the ball. Had the next best summer of everyone next to Wilcher.

Ayo - Teacher’s pet. Pitino loves him except when he turns the ball over.

Iwuchukwu - Another one who never has a bad day. Works hard and is even catching the ball now. Will play a key role.

Liotopoulos - He can’t pronounce his first or last name so calls him Lefty. Has a lot of potential.

Luis Jr. - Had surgery on both legs and is now able to participate fully in practices and work outs. Whenever he gets tired, he complains his legs hurt. They asked him and worked with him changing his form on his jump shop and it looks good.

Prey - Smart and really knows how to play the game the European way.

Maker - Hard worker who can play defense.

Glover - Says he’s from Brooklyn but he’s from Jersey. Hard worker on both sides.

Smith - A human blur who reminds him of Peyton Silva. A leader.

Richmond - We couldn’t stop him so we got him to join us. A cerebral player and a quiet leader. Working with him on a new jumper.

The goal is to get better everyday which they are. They are still learning and that’s because they don’t know each other well enough yet but they will. They know with this schedule, they have to get their soon.

Coach Pitino had all of the players on this years team stand at the Carnesecca Dinner introduced, them and then said a few things. While not using his exact words, here are some of his comments from memory (by player (not in exact order)

Dunlap - Worked hard and will be a real important piece due to his ability to knock down shots. Praised his loyalty for staying when he could have left because of playing time last year.

Wilcher - Praised his loyalty as he could have left because of playing time. He decided to not go to UNC due to our better academics. Had the best summer of anyone else.

Ejifor - Has worked real hard and come a long way. Has improved his offense and is now a legitimate three point shooter. He never has a bad day. Left Kansas because he wanted to play for a better coach (He then called Bill Self one of the best coaches in the game).

Scott - The best two way player on the team. Can do a lot of things on both sides of the ball. Had the next best summer of everyone next to Wilcher.

Ayo - Teacher’s pet. Pitino loves him except when he turns the ball over.

Iwuchukwu - Another one who never has a bad day. Works hard and is even catching the ball now. Will play a key role.

Liotopoulos - He can’t pronounce his first or last name so calls him Lefty. Has a lot of potential.

Luis Jr. - Had surgery on both legs and is now able to participate fully in practices and work outs. Whenever he gets tired, he complains his legs hurt. They asked him and worked with him changing his form on his jump shop and it looks good.

Prey - Smart and really knows how to play the game the European way.

Maker - Hard worker who can play defense.

Glover - Says he’s from Brooklyn but he’s from Jersey. Hard worker on both sides.

Smith - A human blur who reminds him of Peyton Silva. A leader.

Richmond - We couldn’t stop him so we got him to join us. A cerebral player and a quiet leader. Working with him on a new jumper.

The goal is to get better everyday which they are. They are still learning and that’s because they don’t know each other well enough yet but they will. They know with this schedule, they have to get their soon.
If Zuby is now a legitimate 3 point shooter but Sim and Scott both had better summers, I'm very excited to see how good they both are. (I understand this is mostly just coachspeak)

If Zuby is now a legitimate 3 point shooter but Sim and Scott both had better summers, I'm very excited to see how good they both are. (I understand this is mostly just coachspeak)
If that’s true why are so many on here saying Zuby can’t play the 4 (at times)?

If that’s true why are so many on here saying Zuby can’t play the 4 (at times)?
I'd say there's more to playing the 4 than just being able to shoot. Some ball handing, passing, and defensive versatility are important to be a 4 and we don't know yet how much Zuby progressed in those areas. I can see him playing the 4 against teams with more traditional 4 and 5 men.

I'd say there's more to playing the 4 than just being able to shoot. Some ball handing, passing, and defensive versatility are important to be a 4 and we don't know yet how much Zuby progressed in those areas. I can see him playing the 4 against teams with more traditional 4 and 5 men.
Can he defend the 4 is the only thing I’m concerned with.

He decided to not go to UNC due to our better academics.

For those who were wondering whether Pitino will in fact say literally anything.... :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure there are a few nuggets of truth and useful information in there, but I'm gonna wait and see what my eyeballs tell me.

[And thank you for posting - more info is always good to have, even if it has to be .... sifted through a bit.]

For those who were wondering whether Pitino will in fact say literally anything.... :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure there are a few nuggets of truth and useful information in there, but I'm gonna wait and see what my eyeballs tell me.

[And thank you for posting - more info is always good to have, even if it has to be .... sifted through a bit.]
I’m sure some things were said in jest but just reading the words you lose the inflection.

Living in Pac-12 country, enough that I never noticed him doing anything in a game?

I'd love to be completely wrong on him, but I think he's the 11th man, and that's only because Maker isn't ready and Ayo will never really get off the bench.

He had a higher scoring average than his teammate Bronny in 25% less minutes last year and Bronny got drafted. ;)

But seriously he's kind of like Bronny in that it's all about potential at this point. He is very athletic and will hopefully be healthy for the first time. If he keeps his per minutes averages at last year and splits time at the 5 with Zuby he would average around 7 and 5 and that's enough for me as the secondary center. I expect scoring to come from the wings and guards but he did lead USC in rebounds per minute. If he lives up to his recruiting potential now that he has no heart or leg issues who's to say he doesn't take a big leap. Zuby's foul prone so he'll get minutes.

PS I still see Prey as a 4 splitting time with Scott. Probably wrong on that but I guess we'll see when they take the floor.

The high school rating scale in which ESPN uses is so arbitrary.

Back