2024/2025 Roster

I think he’s gonna be one of those guys who improves bit by bit each year. Not sure this year will be the big breakout for him but small improvements across the board is my guess. There has to be an adjustment to playing with 20 extra pounds. I bet he has bigger jumps as an upperclassmen.
If he's competing against the incoming wing freshmen, I don't see how his PT increases one iota.

Where do you have him placed in the rotation? I have Wilcher, Glover, Prey and Iwuchukwo first 4 subs once the season gets going, with the power to change this order twice a game as the season warrants.
I don’t think Vince is doing anything. I’d love to be completely wrong.

Glover is a freshman and will need time.

Wilcher I expect to be challenging Richmond for scoring lead.

Would you have seen him getting more minutes as a freshmen than top 40 freshmen Wilcher?
That ain't saying much, as Pitino even played Alleyne more. As you know, Wilcher only outplayed Conway by one mpg, putting him 9th in total minutes played.
I don’t think Vince is doing anything. I’d love to be completely wrong.

Glover is a freshman and will need time.

Wilcher I expect to be challenging Richmond for scoring lead.
Vince played 14 & 16 mpg respectively his first 2 seasons. Assuming he's in better shape next month, which I think is a fair assumption, he should see 20 mpg. Give Zuby 20 the other 20 He's no PF . Scott and Prey look like capable 4's, although only one will be "Holmgren" like. Unless you've suddenly got Dunlap bringing the ball up, he won't get Alleyne minutes.

That ain't saying much, as Pitino even played Alleyne more. As you know, Wilcher only outplayed Conway by one mpg, putting him 9th in total minutes played.

It’s saying a lot IMO. Minutes increase by year, like you just said about Vince. And Pitino trusts older guys, like you just said about alleyne.

I know not related to this but dingle ledlum and all the Ivy players got the short end of a decision.
Remember the case invoived a laswsuit that sprung out of the NCAA's rule about multi-transfers having to sit. Specifically the lawsuit was triggered when some players were given waivers to be immediately eligible and others were not. I believe the lawsuit was brought by a West Virginia player RaeQuon Battle.

There was the initial court decision in December allowing for all to play but the NCAA indicated they were still ready for a trial. Well an agreement was reached before trial.

Here is the key part, the issue itself had nothing to do with overall eligibility. It had to do with transfer being immediately eligible or having to sit a year. In other words Battle still had eligibility, nobody disputes that. The issue was he wanted to be IMMEDIATELY eligible.

Ledlum and Dingle had nothing to do wtih transferring and not being immediately eligible. Their issue stemmed from the Ivy League not playing the Covid year that everyone got free. Again what does that have to do with trnasferring?

And you've seen him how many times?
Living in Pac-12 country, enough that I never noticed him doing anything in a game?

I'd love to be completely wrong on him, but I think he's the 11th man, and that's only because Maker isn't ready and Ayo will never really get off the bench.

Remember the case invoived a laswsuit that sprung out of the NCAA's rule about multi-transfers having to sit. Specifically the lawsuit was triggered when some players were given waivers to be immediately eligible and others were not. I believe the lawsuit was brought by a West Virginia player RaeQuon Battle.

There was the initial court decision in December allowing for all to play but the NCAA indicated they were still ready for a trial. Well an agreement was reached before trial.

Here is the key part, the issue itself had nothing to do with overall eligibility. It had to do with transfer being immediately eligible or having to sit a year. In other words Battle still had eligibility, nobody disputes that. The issue was he wanted to be IMMEDIATELY eligible.

Ledlum and Dingle had nothing to do wtih transferring and not being immediately eligible. Their issue stemmed from the Ivy League not playing the Covid year that everyone got free. Again what does that have to do with trnasferring?
Oh I know what I typed had nothing to do with transferring as I started my comment saying that it was not related.

It was just me showing how they got screwed while everyone else appears to be able to play 1-2 more years they have. Just because the Ivy chose not to play.

Living in Pac-12 country, enough that I never noticed him doing anything in a game?

I'd love to be completely wrong on him, but I think he's the 11th man, and that's only because Maker isn't ready and Ayo will never really get off the bench.
I HAD US 2ND. MAKE THAT 5TH.

I'd love to be completely wrong on him, but I think he's the 11th man, and that's only because Maker isn't ready and Ayo will never really get off the ben

I think he's a better scorer than rebounder, and he will barely be scoring.
He blocks an alarmingly low amount of shots for a 7 footer. He also looks like he has heavy feet to me. Maybe 4 months with Pitino and recovering from his past injuries allows him to be the center fielder Pitino covets at the 5?

If not, he’s playing 15 minutes against giant centers and sparingly against the Samson Johnson’s of the country. Methinks he was brought in just to defend the Clingan types and the outside shot he has some lottery ticket uncovered shot blocking ability. Maker should overtake him by next year.

He blocks an alarmingly low amount of shots for a 7 footer. He also looks like he has heavy feet to me. Maybe 4 months with Pitino and recovering from his past injuries allows him to be the center fielder Pitino covets at the 5?

If not, he’s playing 15 minutes against giant centers and sparingly against the Samson Johnson’s of the country. Methinks he was brought in just to defend the Clingan types and the outside shot he has some lottery ticket uncovered shot blocking ability. Maker should overtake him by next year.
Because there is a boat load of Clingan types out there in college basketball?????

Vince also buddies with Zuby helps. Presumably won't have an ego if he ends up being a third string guy. But I also like his pedigree and the idea that he is indeed a lotto ticket & surprises people. The late addition of Prey makes it much easier to see their vision for him

Back