2024/2025 Roster

Prey is clearly not on the same level as Chet, but thinking he won’t be the first center on this fed the bench (if he doesn’t start) is almost as crazy IMO.

What would Kadary have done in the second best league in world at 18?
To be fair, it would take a lot to be on the same level as Chet. As a mental exercise I tried to think of players that played for big schools that averaged 14 and 10 as a freshman. I thought surely Kevin Durant, Shaq, and Elton Brand must have. I was right with one of them (Durant). Also, imagine having Shaq and Chris Jackson (Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf) and not getting to the sweet sixteen. What did the have Jim Boeheim sub in as their coach!?

To be fair, it would take a lot to be on the same level as Chet. As a mental exercise I tried to think of players that played for big schools that averaged 14 and 10 as a freshman. I thought surely Kevin Durant, Shaq, and Elton Brand must have. I was right with one of them (Durant). Also, imagine having Shaq and Chris Jackson (Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf) and not getting to the sweet sixteen. What did the have Jim Boeheim sub in as their coach!?
LSU also had 7’ Stanley Roberts in addition to Shaq and Jackson.

And Shaq will tell you (and has been recorded saying it) that Stanley Roberts was better than he was.

I posted above Anthony Davis who was exactly 14 & 10 and the most impactful player in college bball.

Realize it’s early but would love to get feedback from any insiders who get to view practices. Probably as excited about this team as any team since Mullins last year and hoping this season ends way better due to much better depth (to say the least lol).

Okay let’s really go down the rabbit hole. The Orlando magic used first round draft picks in 1991, 1992, and 1993 on LSU centers! They also had the 1st pick in 1993, with which they selected Chris Webber who averaged 15.5/10.0 his freshman year at Michigan were they lost in the NCAA championship game to Duke! And although Duke had 6 future nba players on that team none of them (including Laettner and Hill) ever averaged 15/10.

Anyway, it would be really great if Prey came in and was good enough to contribute as a big east center immediately out of the gate.

Still can't get over who he was forced to sit behind last year.
He wasn’t that good in the beginning, it wasn’t until January that it started to click and then he got more minutes. I think Pitino played it perfectly with the younger guys last year, didn’t overwhelm them early with too much responsibility. Zuby was another guy who looked pretty bad early and looked much better towards the end.

He wasn’t that good in the beginning, it wasn’t until January that it started to click and then he got more minutes. I think Pitino played it perfectly with the younger guys last year, didn’t overwhelm them early with too much responsibility. Zuby was another guy who looked pretty bad early and looked much better towards the end.
There is just no freaking way Simeon was ready to play ahead of Daniss last season if that was the implication. Simply nuts. Here's what an NBA scout had to say about Daniss after Summer League : Yeah, because he’s tough as nails,” an NBA scout said when asked if Jenkins could play in the league. “There’s a reason why Pitino loves him, there’s a reason why Pitino brought him with him. He’s going to find a way to scrap his way. However good he’s going to be, whether that’s end of the bench, overseas, Euro league, he’s going to get every ounce of talent out of himself.”
That's not to say Wilcher won't have a super season this year. But last year was his year to learn.

Last edited:
Okay let’s really go down the rabbit hole. The Orlando magic used first round draft picks in 1991, 1992, and 1993 on LSU centers! They also had the 1st pick in 1993, with which they selected Chris Webber who averaged 15.5/10.0 his freshman year at Michigan were they lost in the NCAA championship game to Duke! And although Duke had 6 future nba players on that team none of them (including Laettner and Hill) ever averaged 15/10.

Anyway, it would be really great if Prey came in and was good enough to contribute as a big east center immediately out of the gate.
He's not a center.

Back