2023-24 Roster

Center is obviously different than the other positions because of the physical requirements. You can put almost anyone on the roster at the 3 and it won’t kill you.

We’re really just talking about what comes down to the basketball equivalent of an emergency catcher, but God forbid anything major happens to Joel….

Rick would be the first person to say he would rather have a third guy who can play center.
Rick said it tonight in presser: “Our front court depth is terrible.”

Rick said it tonight in presser: “Our front court depth is terrible.”
Nothing like Ground breaking analysis lol....

This is something Anyone could see when the team was shaping up. We knew it was going to be a Risk... Hopefully when Luis gets back in the fold- a rotation of Ledlum/Taylor/Luis can help at that 4 spot... with Zuby giving spot mins at 5.

Nothing like Ground breaking analysis lol....

This is something Anyone could see when the team was shaping up. We knew it was going to be a Risk... Hopefully when Luis gets back in the fold- a rotation of Ledlum/Taylor/Luis can help at that 4 spot... with Zuby giving spot mins at 5.
Read that thread. Nobody thought it was an issue and everyone was rolling their eyes at the notion.

Not everyone. Those that pointed out our lack of bigs depth were jumped on by less knowledgeable posters. A blind man could see our lack of depth-a 6'6' PF with no one behind him.
I don’t want to single out Traore, but generally when you see a kid falling as hard has he was and running into people like he was last night, they are not on the same level as the rest of the guys.

I don’t want to single out Traore, but generally when you see a kid falling as hard has he was and running into people like he was last night, they are not on the same level as the rest of the guys.
Hoping Luis is really strong, because there are a bunch of PF minutes in his future. Actually think he will be among team leaders in MPG, because from the looks of it last night, we will need a little of him pretty much everywhere.

I know it's a grasping for straws positive takeaway but I actually think Zuby looked x1000 better last night than the Stony Brook game. He had active hands, stayed in position defensively, and played within his game. And he's athletic enough to keep up with their guys.

May have been too much to ask, even for Pitino, to churn out a top-25 contender right out of the gate. We may be looking at something closer to a more traditional rebuild.

We’re depending on a bunch of new guys who dominated mid-major comp last season, but the step up is too big and they’re just maybe not very talented for this level.

Please everyone, stop bashing Traore. He is an end of bench player and not the problem. At present he is doing the best he can and hopefully will improve somewhat with coaching. Don't know if anyone noticed but at each timeout he was the only player sprinting onto the court clapping and encouraging the players coming off the court. The coaches and his fellow players appreciate his contributions whatever they are. Maybe we fans should do the same instead of tearing him down.

Hoping Luis is really strong, because there are a bunch of PF minutes in his future. Actually think he will be among team leaders in MPG, because from the looks of it last night, we will need a little of him pretty much everywhere.
That's our only hope here. Play Taylor and Luis at the 3 and 4 and that should be enough size with Soriano. Pitino was disgusted with Ledlum last night and he couldn't hide it. Ledlum, oddly enough, is a liability on the defensive glass. He's a monster on the offensive glass. He needs to play a more focused 24-28 minutes...maybe less.

Please everyone, stop bashing Traore. He is an end of bench player and not the problem. At present he is doing the best he can and hopefully will improve somewhat with coaching. Don't know if anyone noticed but at each timeout he was the only player sprinting onto the court clapping and encouraging the players coming off the court. The coaches and his fellow players appreciate his contributions whatever they are. Maybe we fans should do the same instead of tearing him down.
In addition to this post, which I wholeheartedly endorse, I will say that John Buck is not an A-hole, but you can only poke him so many times before he might be one. We are going to need LuHi a lot over the next couple years. A LOT.

Not everyone. Those that pointed out our lack of bigs depth were jumped on by less knowledgeable posters. A blind man could see our lack of depth-a 6'6' PF with no one behind him.

An old friend from Morgantown texted me to thank SJU for Quin Slazinski, who is a starting forward and leading scorer so far. He had 19 last night. Not sure the level of competition.

An old friend from Morgantown texted me to thank SJU for Quin Slazinski, who is a starting forward and leading scorer so far. He had 19 last night. Not sure the level of competition.
I think we’ll miss those open jumpers he would have hit here. Having a 4 with the skills of a 2 just makes the spacing so much better and lets the offense run more smoothly.

Pages about 94-100 are really interesting to look back it if board on a work day.

May have been too much to ask, even for Pitino, to churn out a top-25 contender right out of the gate. We may be looking at something closer to a more traditional rebuild.

We’re depending on a bunch of new guys who dominated mid-major comp last season, but the step up is too big and they’re just maybe not very talented for this level.
Hey CaliRedfan, not sure where you've been but this deserves the award for the most prophetic post of the season, and it didn't even garner one "thank you". Great call back in Nov.

Back