2022 Yankees

Michael Kay reporting the Yankees offered 7yrs $213mm to Judge, and Judge turned it down. Would have been highest annual average value for a position player in Yankee history, $30.5mm per year.

Game 1. Yanks win extra innings game against the suxs. Since temporarily overseas watched the game via gamecast. Looks like another season where the entire bullpen might be used in every game. About to post my first of many, many posts having DJ le as al mvp. Sign 99 now.

Michael Kay reporting the Yankees offered 7yrs $213mm to Judge, and Judge turned it down. Would have been highest annual average value for a position player in Yankee history, $30.5mm per year.
Is it Judge or his agent? I'm a bit surprised by this.

Boston has still not submitted their lineup (waiting on Boegarts), so just the Yankees order today:

Donaldson DH
Judge CF
Rizzo 1B
Stanton RF
LeMahieu 3B
Gallo LF
Torres 2B
Higashioka C
Kiner-Falefa SS

Rizzo’s bat has awakened, Stanton, too.

Short offseason, they’ll get it done.

Two nice wins against the Red Sux to start the season. If they homer, they win. Great job by the relievers thus far. Will need more length from the starters. Only the Yanks bring in a third baseman to play SS every day, when they already had a better option with Urshela. Not impressed with Kiner-Falefa so far. Weak arm and surrounds the ball, resulting in close plays on routine grounders. Volpe and Peraza better be absolute studs since the Yanks passed on some real quality SS's this winter.

Maybe it's me but I don't get why Aaron Hicks is still on the Yankees. He has had 1 decent year (2018) and even then barely hit .250. You just can't have a center fielder who can't hit at all.

Game 3. One run loss. Sop was broken. Schmidt pitched more than one frame. Symbolically Gallo ended the game with a k. 11 lob.

Maybe it's me but I don't get why Aaron Hicks is still on the Yankees. He has had 1 decent year (2018) and even then barely hit .250. You just can't have a center fielder who can't hit at all.
Guess I got Hicks fired up with my comment on his lack of production lol. Will be happy if he proves me wrong this year.

Back