2022 Mets

I know we say it was a disappointing season but if in April we said we are winning over 100 games and making the wild card we would have all bought in big time. Don't down play the padres as I think they have a good chance of beating the Dodgers and then the phillies. They may have the best 1 - 4 batters in baseball.

I know we say it was a disappointing season but if in April we said we are winning over 100 games and making the wild card we would have all bought in big time. Don't down play the padres as I think they have a good chance of beating the Dodgers and then the phillies. They may have the best 1 - 4 batters in baseball.

On the flipside... if you asked around the trade deadline or even into August that our division lead would dwindle because we lost to some very bad teams, then finally lose the division on the final weekend and then be non-competitive in 2 of our 3 wildcard games, I think we'd all be surprised and mortified.

The Padres, should they win their series, may be playing the Braves and not the Phils. The Braves are a very resilient team.

Phils win! WOW!!!

I think Philly benefited from playing very well down the stretch (last few months, to be honest), and not getting the bye to the NLDS. Means they've just kept playing and winning. Definitely could be a benefit offensively, because hitting is all about rhythm and timing.

You're seeing a similar thing with Cleveland in the ALDS.

Well at least we had one positive for 2022 season--more wins than the Yankees despite playing 6 less games--schadenfreude!

Cohen better open the wallet and keep Timmy Trumpet in Queens.

If he ends up in the Bronx I'll never play the trumpet again...or for the first time...

Back