2020 Giants Football

Do the Giants keep Gettelmsn ? I'd say his last year off season moves warrant it

Pitts might still be around at 11. Dump Engram for whatever you can get for him.

There is enough of a shortage of talented tight ends that finding a team willing to work with him shouldn't be that tough.

L J S A" post=411121 said:
Pitts might still be around at 11. Dump Engram for whatever you can get for him.

There is enough of a shortage of talented tight ends that finding a team willing to work with him shouldn't be that tough.

We need to get something in return for the TE.

I would like to see us trade up in the draft, ahead of Philly and take their target.  F'm.

JohnnyFan" post=411116 said:
I have no respect for what Pederson did tonight and, I would imagine, neither do his players.

That said, I prefer getting the better draft pick.  We are not currently equipped to make a Super Bowl run, so in my opinion it's better to stock up on talent.

I also have a hunch Pederson's decision(s) were moves made by management.  There was talk a couple days before Sunday that those moves would be made on game day.  

I remember a couple of years (read: decades) ago when the Giants needed a 49er win to make the playoffs.  Niners were already in and played like it.  Phil Simms ranted about it, and Joe Montana responded with a comment about taking care of your own business and not leaving it to somebody else.

Giants were 6-10 this season.

Last edited:
[attachment=1813]FD5FE4EE-2B81-450D-AEEA-BA50FCF6AEA5.jpeg[/attachment]

I'm sorry I had to.  Too funny.

Last edited:
Spocky Ramone" post=411142 said:
I remember a couple of years (read: decades) ago when the Giants needed a 49er win to make the playoffs.  Niners were already in and played like it.  Phil Simms ranted about it, and Joe Montana responded with a comment about taking care of your own business and not leaving it to somebody else.

Giants were 6-10 this season.

Correct - when you're 6-10 you aren't in a position to complain about somebody else winning or losing and knocking you out of the playoffs.  Try not sucking first.

mjmaherjr" post=411118 said:
Do the Giants keep Gettelmsn ? I'd say his last year off season moves warrant it

Looks like they're bringing him back. I have not been impressed with his drafting the past two seasons. He was criticized by many for drafting Thomas so high in the first round last year. So far, his playing has been uninspiring to say the least.  Drafting Jones at #6 was a huge mistake IMO. Most experts thought Jones would still have been available when the Giants were scheduled to pick again later in the first round. If I were the owner, I would fire Gettleman. There are much better "football minds" out there.

I was generally impressed with the job that Judge did given the lack of talent at his disposal, although I felt that they brought Jones back too soon from his injury. Judge kept the team competitive in most games this season and the guys played hard and seem to like and respect him.

Last edited:
Holding out hope they still will make a change but a smooth change.  The Giants arent a Black Monday kind of team.  They also have been great at keeping things in house lately after a few draft leaks years back.  Heck nobody knew who the heck Joe Judge was and boom he's the HC.

The flip side is there are currently 7 GM jobs open I think.  The most GM jobs open in quite some time.  Might be a tough year to really get your choice.  Some food for thought .

I am not a Gettleman fan, but I do think he deserves to stay.   A lot of guys he brought in are playing well.

JohnnyFan" post=411250 said:
I am not a Gettleman fan, but I do think he deserves to stay.   A lot of guys he brought in are playing well.

Most of his good guys are since Judge was here.  Does that mean he has a strong influence because outside of the FA moves this year most fans were singing a different tune.  Judge seems to be a lot more involved and trusted than McAdoo or Shurmer was.  So Gettleman might be getting paid just to sign into his computer every day and walk the halls.

They will give Jones more weapons this offseason.  If Jones can't hack it next year after year 3 it might be lights out for both Gettleman and Jones together.  

Regarding Jones, there is another interesting piece here.  It is being reported that Jason Garrett is a candidate for the Chargers job and, regardless of whether he gets it, he may be gone.  I am not into making exuses, but that would make three offensive coordinators in three years for Jones.  Not a great way to bring a rookie along. 

Giants need better O-line and to replace Engram.

Back