Welcome Back Ed Kull!

Administration deserves a lot of credit. Firing/letting go an AD is an aggressive move, and they ended up getting a guy with an exciting track record, roots with the program, and with our donors. Even if it was the obvious choice, I am happy the school went through the due diligence of hiring a firm, seeing who else may be available, and doing background on all candidates. Marquette and Villanova openings also meant we had some competition potentially.

In a new era!

Welcome home Ed! With Shanley and Rick this is a dream triumvirate that should lead to unparalleled success that the program hasn’t seen this century.

Would be great to have accessible apparel, our infamous seating/concession/restroom CA issues and firming up secondary logo/insignia addressed right away. Bring back the 90’s horse!

Ed Kull on his coming back to St John's " It's a dream come true. Aside from working with the Administration and Staff's of all the programs I'd like to announce that I've already finalized a deal to bring a larger product size of IPA's to Carnesseca Arena and we will now be serving Lobster Roll's at home games on campus "

Ed Kull on his coming back to St John's " It's a dream come true. Aside from working with the Administration and Staff's of all the programs I'd like to announce that I've already finalized a deal to bring a larger product size of IPA's to Carnesseca Arena and we will now be serving Lobster Roll's at home games on campus "
a partnership with Other Half and Boston Lobster Company!

Have known Ed since he worked in athletic marketing when I was still an undergrad at SJU. Had tweeted several times that the search should begin and end with him.

Anyway, here’s my column on his hire and how it reaffirms that SJU is taking athletics seriously again:

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2024/09/ed-kulls-return-further-signifies-st.html
Nice article but in the last paragraph you mentioned that Joe Oliva was boxed out by Shanley…not sure if that is accurate. Can you elaborate?

Administration deserves a lot of credit. Firing/letting go an AD is an aggressive move, and they ended up getting a guy with an exciting track record, roots with the program, and with our donors. Even if it was the obvious choice, I am happy the school went through the due diligence of hiring a firm, seeing who else may be available, and doing background on all candidates. Marquette and Villanova openings also meant we had some competition potentially.

In a new era!
Ed Kull is going to be great. Glad SJU doesn't have to have a person like John Diffley as AD.

Lobster rolls hmmmmmmmmm, might be worth a trip up from Florida.😂👍

Nice article but in the last paragraph you mentioned that Joe Oliva was boxed out by Shanley…not sure if that is accurate. Can you elaborate?
Shanley took charge of the search process with Pitino and ran it almost singlehandedly, whereas Oliva was a huge part of the committee that handled (read: mishandled) the Mullin hire and Anderson gong show. Oliva probably still has some juice in the building, but I think it’s fair to say he’s not THE guy anymore. Sorry for the misunderstood context.

Shanley took charge of the search process with Pitino and ran it almost singlehandedly, whereas Oliva was a huge part of the committee that handled (read: mishandled) the Mullin hire and Anderson gong show. Oliva probably still has some juice in the building, but I think it’s fair to say he’s not THE guy anymore. Sorry for the misunderstood context.
Any word on what happened to Diffley's candidacy?

Back