Villanova to Aquire Cabrini University

Notre Dame uses Holy Cross as an overflow for the freshman class. They know there is attrition every year of freshman to sophomore year. They admit that average number to Holy Cross with guaranteed admission to Notre Dame for sophomore year.

I imagine Nova can do something similar.

Great points BEAST.

Very few people realize that back along time ago, pre-WWII, St. John's not having quotas like NYU and
Columbia and being in Brooklyn (then Queens) attracted a sizable number of highly academically superior students, plus for first generation college students the lower tuition costs helped too. (Might have been an advantage over Fordham somewhat--think Mario Cuomo, also a great baseball player). I am glad we got Mario undergrad and Law (and not his kids!). Queens at one one (Brooklyn too) had a large % of Jewish making St. John's a natural for undergrad or grad programs.

Notre Dame uses Holy Cross as an overflow for the freshman class. They know there is attrition every year of freshman to sophomore year. They admit that average number to Holy Cross with guaranteed admission to Notre Dame for sophomore year.

I imagine Nova can do something similar.
Except Villanova is not otherwise in the same category as Notre Dame, but yes, it makes sense to have a feeder school.

I was not nearly aware that Cabrini had so much land and was so close to Villanova, I thought I read Rosemont was the small failing Catholic college that was closeby Nova.

Except Villanova is not otherwise in the same category as Notre Dame, but yes, it makes sense to have a feeder school.

I was not nearly aware that Cabrini had so much land and was so close to Villanova, I thought I read Rosemont was the small failing Catholic college that was closeby Nova.

The Rosemont parcel pretty much adjoins Villanova; I believe it is only 2 or 3 properties away, but at any rate a short walk. Villanova has in past years rented dorm rooms at Rosemont for overflow student housing.

A similar real estate transaction occurred 15+/- years ago when Saint Joseph’s University acquired the Episcopal High School campus when Episcopal relocated. The Episcopal parcel is across from St. Joe’s.

The Rosemont parcel pretty much adjoins Villanova; I believe it is only 2 or 3 properties away, but at any rate a short walk. Villanova has in past years rented dorm rooms at Rosemont for overflow student housing.

A similar real estate transaction occurred 15+/- years ago when Saint Joseph’s University acquired the Episcopal High School campus when Episcopal relocated. The Episcopal parcel is across from St. Joe’s.
Don't know what the plans are but Nova has a great, carefully chosen and developed management team and improvements are inevitable.

Before Nova went coed, I believe that Rosemont was the "sister" school. It is basically "across the street" frm Nova campus.

Back