Transfer Portal Mania

Speaking of guys moving up in level. Hawkins is a kid who was able to handle the jump from Howard to the B10 overall. But his 3pt% went from 47% to 36%. Now 47% is almost impossible to keep up no matter who you are playing against, but I doubt it would have been done in a tougher league.
I know you're making a different point but another thing with Hawkins that would've looked good coming out of Howard is that the team went 11-3 in conference and 22-13 -- and then played well against Kansas.

Jackson State went 15-17 and 11-7 in conference.:sick:

Kid had apparently recently confirmed he'd be back with Gophers and Gopher nation is speculating he was lured in by NIL offer outside their budget. Looks to be a pure point guard who set all time Minnesota single season assist record and can also hit an open three.
That lets us out

Also as a side note I think the May 1 deadline does not close the Portal.

And not just for graduate transfers (who have no deadline).

The May 1 deadline is for undergraduate transfers who want to be IMMEDIATELY eligible.

I believe you can still enter Portal after May 1 as an undergrad you just have to sit a year.

Trilly says regarding Hawkins from Minnesota that the Minn staff gave him 250k to come back and he said no. Not sure if that means 250 more or 250 total lol.

Last edited:
Trilly says regarding Hawkins from Minnesota that the Minn staff gave him 250k to come back and he said no. Not sure if that means 250 more or 250 total lol.
Someone who averages that many assists in a big conference probably deserves a raise. Either someone got in his ear or he's following Trilly and seeing kids with less talent making comparable money.

Back