Transfer Portal 2022

So, if you know everything and know all the good bets why are you here instead of Vegas, seems like a know-it-all like you should be filthy rich from all your predictions instead of roaming around on a message board talking about a 17-15 team, who you don't think is going to be any good.

And for the record, I don't recall you predicting Julian going from an unranked kid with only 1 high major offer, who Pitt told to goto Prep school before they would take him, to the leading scorer in the conference and NBA prospect by his 2nd year. I don't recall you predicting Aaron Wheeler going from a career 3 PPG player in 4 years at Purdue, to averaging 14 PPG in conference play, and shooting 39% from 3, and being 3rd in the team in scoring. I don't recall you predicting Posh Alexander winning DPOY and FOTY as a 3-star recruit. I'm pretty sure Vegas odds on those 3 players having those type of jumps are more outrageous than 3 player together making 10 shots.

So maybe, just maybe, you don't know what you're talking about. Because you ain't predicted anything of note, you just talk and say what somebody can't do. Nyiwe played 10 MPG, you don't know if he gets 20-25 MPG next year how many 3's he'll attempt and how many he will make. Traore, nobody has even seen him play or seen how much he's progressed since High School, so how do you know what he's capable of doing? If you do and have watched some film and practices of his this season, please start another thread and give the rest of us a scouting report that aren't privy to that information. And Stanley was tough as nails and fast learner this past season, how do you know what he's going to add to his game this summer, can you please post the conversation you had with him and the coaching staff on things he's going to work on.
Listen, looking at the roster as it stands right now the lack of three point shooting is a legitimate concern. It was a legitimate concern during games this past season as teams were just clogging the lane against us and we're losing our 2 best and 4 of our top 5 three point threats.

I haven't spoken to any of those 3 players or seen their workouts but it doesn't take more than 1st grade basketball knowledge to estimate that they won't be taking completely unheard of jumps in 3 point shooting from one year to the next. Your point about not worrying about the outside shooting with this roster because one or all of those guys might make huge jumps is akin to a homeless guy not worrying about where his next meal is going to come from because the $2 scratch off he found on the floor might be worth millions. Sure it's possible, but common sense and logic would dictate otherwise.

And you're right, Julian becoming the player he has and Wheeler contributing as much as he did were unforeseen. Even with that, this staff still failed to make the NIT in year 3 despite being projected to a top half team in the Big East before the season.

But as you said, everything is an unknown right now. Maybe Storr will be the best Freshman in the history of college basketball and average 50 points per game and lead us to the final 4. Since it's an unknown, I guess we don't have to worry.

The staff will need to find a guy in the portal to knock down shots to keep defenses honest. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I hope they do. Because I don't want to have to count on Esahia Nyiwe to be one of the guys we need to make 3s lol.

Last edited:
This one is a big one for Georgetown. This kid is a stud and if Nickelberry can bring him in others with LSU may follow:

Listen, looking at the roster as it stands right now the lack of three point shooting is a legitimate concern. It was a legitimate concern during games this past season as teams were just clogging the lane against us and we're losing our 2 best and 4 of our top 5 three point threats.

I haven't spoken to any of those 3 players or seen their workouts but it doesn't take more than 1st grade basketball knowledge to estimate that they won't be taking completely unheard of jumps in 3 point shooting from one year to the next. Your point about not worrying about the outside shooting with this roster because one or all of those guys might make huge jumps is akin to a homeless guy not worrying about where his next meal is going to come from because the $2 scratch off he found on the floor might be worth millions. Sure it's possible, but common sense and logic would dictate otherwise.

And you're right, Julian becoming the player he has and Wheeler contributing as much as he did were unforeseen. Even with that, this staff still failed to make the NIT in year 3 despite being projected to a top half team in the Big East before the season.

But as you said, everything is an unknown right now. Maybe Storr will be the best Freshman in the history of college basketball and average 50 points per game and lead us to the final 4. Since it's an unknown, I guess we don't have to worry.

The staff will need to find a guy in the portal to knock down shots to keep defenses honest. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I hope they do. Because I don't want to have to count on Esahia Nyiwe to be one of the guys we need to make 3s lol.

This is my last response to you. You and the "we ain't we ain't got no shooters" gang is starting to annoy me. Because you guys literally keep on making up stuff that I did not say. For clarity, I DID NOT SAY outside shooting should not be a concern. And I DID NOT say anyone on this roster would make an "unheard of jump" or "huge jump" from one year to the next. Stop making up stuff for your own personal agenda. If you quote someone actually respond to the actual words they said, like what I'm doing to you.

Let me give you an example. Marcellus Earlington shot 9 3's at 22% his freshman year, his sophomore year 43 3's at 27% , and his last season at St. John's he shot 67 3's at 40%, so this notion you have that because a guy doesn't shoot a lot 3's his first year he'll never be able to shoot 3's is ignorant, there's many many many examples of guys getting gradually better every single year. That's literally the only point I was trying to make. Hence, that's why I said there are unknowns and formed my post in a question format. Most people understood the post, you and your "we can't shoot" buddy didn't and then started making up stuff that I did not say, that's your problem if you can't understand, not mine. Have a nice night.

Exactly. Thank you!

Reading comprehension is a lost art for you 2 huh?

As bucketshardy said, I literally started post with "There are a lot of UNKNOWNS" and my whole entire post was me asking questions on can these guys make these changes in the off-season. You smart guys realize players make changes and work on their game in the off-season correct? Wheeler, who's shooting obviously can't be replaced by anybody on this team according to you 2 guys, went from a 26% 3 point shooter to a 39% three point shooter with work in the off-season, Champ went from a 31% 3 point shooter his freshman year to a 38% 3 point shooter his sophomore year, with work in the off-season. Wusu went from a 27% 3 point shooter to a 38% and he missed most of the off-season. Just because somebody's numbers are not great one year doesn't mean they are relegated to those numbers for the rest of their career, players are capable of improving and adding things to their game. Hence, my whole entire post asking the questions can these guys make these improvements to their game.

Seriously, you two need to read, then comprehend what you read before you reply, it's sad that I have to say that.
Making Plays, I’m not trying to offend you so please don’t take it personally. But the fact that you couched your proposition as a question doesn’t detract from its absurdity. Yeah, a lot of things could happen. The sky could fall tmw, Wusu could develop into the next Michael Jordan, Nyiwe could become the next Steph Curry, the school could build a brand new arena and I, at the age of 45, could develop new-found hops and dunk a basketball.

Whoops, I didn’t read this post before I responded. Now it appears I’m piling on. I think Making Plays has good intentions. We all want to see progress next year. I think some of us are just a bit more realistic with our expectations.

Making Plays, I’m not trying to offend you so please don’t take it personally. But the fact that you couched your proposition as a question doesn’t detract from its absurdity. Yeah, a lot of things could happen. The sky could fall tmw, Wusu could develop into the next Michael Jordan, Nyiwe could become the next Steph Curry, the school could build a brand new arena and I, at the age of 45, could develop new-found hops and dunk a basketball.

Is it sad that I think a new arena is the least likely on that list?

I've already done a last response to your buddy. Now this is my last response to you.

Only thing I take personally is when someone lies on me. I'm not with this new alternative fact era, where people make stuff up out of thin air and just go with it. I haven't said any of the things you're saying in your post. You're saying outrageous never will happen in a million years things. These things are what my grandparents would say are stories or tall tales, nothing you said is based in reality.

No where in my post did I tell any far fetched story like you did. I asked could Nyiwe make more threes with more minutes, I asked could a redshirt freshman nobody knows anything about know how to shoot a 3, and I asked can Stanley expand his mid-range game. Very basic stuff.

You don't want to offend me, don't lie on me. You have a nice night as well.

This is my last response to you. You and the "we ain't we ain't got no shooters" gang is starting to annoy me. Because you guys literally keep on making up stuff that I did not say. For clarity, I DID NOT SAY outside shooting should not be a concern. And I DID NOT say anyone on this roster would make an "unheard of jump" or "huge jump" from one year to the next. Stop making up stuff for your own personal agenda. If you quote someone actually respond to the actual words they said, like what I'm doing to you.

Let me give you an example. Marcellus Earlington shot 9 3's at 22% his freshman year, his sophomore year 43 3's at 27% , and his last season at St. John's he shot 67 3's at 40%, so this notion you have that because a guy doesn't shoot a lot 3's his first year he'll never be able to shoot 3's is ignorant, there's many many many examples of guys getting gradually better every single year. That's literally the only point I was trying to make. Hence, that's why I said there are unknowns and formed my post in a question format. Most people understood the post, you and your "we can't shoot" buddy didn't and then started making up stuff that I did not say, that's your problem if you can't understand, not mine. Have a nice night.
You literally said “There's a lot of unknowns right now, everybody could be worried about the 3 point shooting for nothing” and then named 3 players who could improve their shooting enough to the point where 3 our current concerns about point shooting would be unfounded. I then stated how ridiculous that statement was, because it is. I don’t see how I twisted your words, but all good man. Have a nice night too.

Seems people are piling on yet no one has acknowledged his point on Earlington’s three point shooting improvement. Improvement can and does happen something several on this board seem to think never happens and refuse to acknowledge when it does even when it happens right in front of them.

Is it to much to hope for on all mentioned, probably and would we rather not be in that position at this point, absolutely. Hopefully a few of what we need will come from guys either mentioned now or in the future in this Transfer Portal 2022 thread along with improvement from returnees ani coming freshma.

Seems people are piling on yet no one has acknowledged his point on Earlington’s three point shooting improvement. Improvement can and does happen something several on this board seem to think never happens and refuse to acknowledge when it does even when it happens right in front of them.

Is it to much to hope for on all mentioned, probably and would we rather not be in that position at this point, absolutely. Hopefully a few of what we need will come from guys either mentioned now or in the future in this Transfer Portal 2022 thread along with improvement from returnees ani coming freshma.
Usually around this time of the year the site becomes lord of the flies :)

The Earlington improvement is actually a good indicator. In year one his sample size of 2/9 playing exclusively in garbage time is way too small to gauge what he would have done with more minutes. The following season he got about 18 minutes per game and was 12/43 so about 0.375 makes per game. If we get that combined from guys we aren’t expecting we should be ecstatic

Agree 100% - I'm not sure why Making Plays gets critiqued for his every post. Nothing he says is that outlandish.
So wait, you don't think that stating that Nyiwe , Stanley and Traore can all be three point shooters is not outlandish? Champagne couldn't even be a consistent 3 point shooter but a guy who took about 10 threes all year, a guy who didn't take any and a guy who hasn't played a game yet can be counted on to be three point shooters That statement would be right up there with Wusu playing the 4 or Posh playing the 5.

So wait, you don't think that stating that Nyiwe , Stanley and Traore can all be three point shooters is not outlandish? Champagne couldn't even be a consistent 3 point shooter but a guy who took about 10 threes all year, a guy who didn't take any and a guy who hasn't played a game yet can be counted on to be three point shooters That statement would be right up there with Wusu playing the 4 or Posh playing the 5.
Nothing I said was outlandish, I even provided examples, and statistics. It's just a small hand full of you guys that don't know how to read and just make up stuff to fit your negative agenda to try to make everyone as miserable as y'all are. I'm still waiting on you to provide the quote from the other thread where I said Mike Anderson is never to blame for anything, because you said that I said that, and I didn't. You made that up just like you're making up stuff in this post, nobody said anything about counting on anybody for anything, I asked a series of questions could guys make certain improvements in the off-season.

Can somebody direct message me when we're done dissecting Making Plays' post?

No need to update me on the final ruling of whether it was outlandish or not. I will also not need to know whether his use of question marks influenced the decision. Thank you.

Here is another reputable transfer list. Has Curbelo at 8. Also has about 5 LSU players in top 20.

Here is another reputable transfer list. Has Curbelo at 8. Also has about 5 LSU players in top 20.

“Recruitment: Gonzaga and St. John's, are among the schools who've reached out to Curbelo, per Stadium's Jeff Goodman. Curbelo is New York native, and the Red Storm have always seemed like a logical landing spot”

If Curbelo falls through, Mike Jones 6'5" guard from Davidson would be interesting. Shot 42% from three on 164 attempts and 84% from the line. Had 21 against Alabama and 29 against Richmond. Pure two guard who hustles and can shoot it for sure.

Back