THE END IS NEAR!

Back in the day when Big East Boards was going strong the only school that had massive posts was St. John's and that was because of the inability to register on Redmen.com as noted here. It used to be interesting to go over there and get a different viewpoint and sometimes see the animosity towards Redmen.com posters. Sadly Maven left here and posted
exclusively at BEB always jabbing at someone. If he's not banned maybe he'll come back. Time will tell. 

I sure hope not. Maven and his son sent me private messages, and even somehow found my AOL screen name harassing me and making fun of the fact that my father passed away while insulting my mother in the process. All because I disagreed with them about something (couldn't even tell you what it was about). I never visited that website after that and I've wished nothing but terrible things on the two of them since then. They can both rot in hell for all I care.

That is the type of personal animosity I am referring to. The Maven and a couple of others are fine in person but put them behind a computer and they tend to morph into Sonny Corleone or Sammy the Bull. LOL! Many people are the product of their environment and sad to say the Maven is one of them. Those that know him know he is a great great fan but for whatever reasons you cannot disagree with him on a computer without getting kneecapped. LOL!
I am not a pyschiatrist, I just play one on redmen, but there are reasons why the "glass is mostly empty" fans like Boo and Bobre never seem positive about their team. All I can say is medication and counseling usually help but a person's personality is forever.

Back in the day when Big East Boards was going strong the only school that had massive posts was St. John's and that was because of the inability to register on Redmen.com as noted here. It used to be interesting to go over there and get a different viewpoint and sometimes see the animosity towards Redmen.com posters. Sadly Maven left here and posted
exclusively at BEB always jabbing at someone. If he's not banned maybe he'll come back. Time will tell. 

I sure hope not. Maven and his son sent me private messages, and even somehow found my AOL screen name harassing me and making fun of the fact that my father passed away while insulting my mother in the process. All because I disagreed with them about something (couldn't even tell you what it was about). I never visited that website after that and I've wished nothing but terrible things on the two of them since then. They can both rot in hell for all I care.

That is the type of personal animosity I am referring to. The Maven and a couple of others are fine in person but put them behind a computer and they tend to morph into Sonny Corleone or Sammy the Bull. LOL! Many people are the product of their environment and sad to say the Maven is one of them. Those that know him know he is a great great fan but for whatever reasons you cannot disagree with him on a computer without getting kneecapped. LOL!
I am not a pyschiatrist, I just play one on redmen, but there are reasons why the "glass is mostly empty" fans like Boo and Bobre never seem positive about their team. All I can say is medication and counseling usually help but a person's personality is forever.

Stop stereotyping me. I get positive when positive things happen. Lately they have been few and far between. What I won't do is post speculative stuff like many others do. I've been around too long to hang my hat on anything I don't know to be true. That's a recipe for disappointment around this program. Above all I am a ST JOHNS fan. I like Steve Lavin but I haven't seen him for 2-3 months so itr would be pretty frustrating if he was my main focus. I like what he did last year except for the Evans stuff. He did rectify it and state that it was his most satisfying player turnaround so it was all good in the final analysis. This year a lot of things went wrong leaving us with an almost unprecedented short roster. I understand these things happen but it never seems to happen to the other guys. Hey, if Steve really brings in a top class Ill be right on the bandwagon with everyone else because St Johns is my team, not because he's the coach. I wish him well in so many ways but the team and the players are first and foremost in my mind. I've had some legit questions about certain things and been unfairly attacked for it. That's a far cry from being a troll and I'd appreciate it if people could figure out the difference before they write.

A Seton Hall board to call my home.. WTF does that mean.? I am a SJU fans 100% but just because i cheer for Seton Hall as my second team doesn't mean I am making them my home team now. I have long standing ties to the school and love to see them do well. My Father went to school and played baseball there.

I will put it this way... after my CYO team from NJ played and won at the the Rock Tuesday night after the SJU debacle, Kevin Willard very graciously
came over and spent some time with my kids and talked to them. The first thing he said to me when he came over was SORRY with a little smile on his face.

BEB is closing because the traffic is obviously down and the gentleman that has graciously provided a place for BIG EAST fans
to discuss the league and its teams has to move on. He has made it clear thatr the site can stay alive if someoine wants to continue it and take it over.

BEB was able to start and thrive because this site closed it membership for a long long time to a massive portion of the SJU fan base. As someone said above,
the site truly went south after this site re-opened membership.

Also, the entire time I was and a Moderator, only 4 people were truly banned from the site. One was Scotch and he has been banned every where and has never remerged.
All of the others were let back to BEB after a short period of time. We actually even tried to let Scotch come back at one point but he had vanished like fart in the wind.

I was just having some fun with you Pat. I know that Williard's past creates an affinity with certain segments of the STJ fan base but I know you are a Redmen fan through and through. Glad your kids won.

Stop stereotyping me. I get positive when positive things happen. Lately they have been few and far between. What I won't do is post speculative stuff like many others do. I've been around too long to hang my hat on anything I don't know to be true. That's a recipe for disappointment around this program. Above all I am a ST JOHNS fan. I like Steve Lavin but I haven't seen him for 2-3 months so itr would be pretty frustrating if he was my main focus. I like what he did last year except for the Evans stuff. He did rectify it and state that it was his most satisfying player turnaround so it was all good in the final analysis. This year a lot of things went wrong leaving us with an almost unprecedented short roster. I understand these things happen but it never seems to happen to the other guys. Hey, if Steve really brings in a top class Ill be right on the bandwagon with everyone else because St Johns is my team, not because he's the coach. I wish him well in so many ways but the team and the players are first and foremost in my mind. I've had some legit questions about certain things and been unfairly attacked for it. That's a far cry from being a troll and I'd appreciate it if people could figure out the difference before they write.

Few programs suffered through 18 years of total mismanagement the way STJ did between Louis and Lavin and despite a good year last year that all snowballed into this year's situation, which was compounded by coach's health condition. I for one will recognize or hope, whichever you want to call it, that the program is trending upwards since the Lavin hire and remain optimistic that despite some bumps along the way this trend will continue. Those of you who are cynical, pessimistic, or unreasonable in your expectations can feel free to do the opposite. That is your right.

I equate those folks who thought this was going to be easy with the folks who thought it should have been easy for Obama to bring this country back from the near depression brought about by the Bush administration. There really is very little, if anything, in life that provides instant gratification that is lasting. Patience is a virtue.

What I won't do is post speculative stuff like many others do. I've been around too long to hang my hat on anything I don't know to be true.

"I believe Steve's psyche is in very fragile shape after what he went through and that affects his thought patterns. He's just uncomfortable being seen at less than 100% by thousands rather than a recruit and his parents. I hope he's getting counseling for that because attitude is important during recovery."

I agree. Fail to understand how some Johnny fans can hope for Maven's return. He did nothing but insult, hurt and attack anyone he disagreed with. Unfortunately, I fought him and his buddy( you know who you are -still a moderator)
trying to defend his hurtful remarks to posters. This resulted in my being banned.

Stop stereotyping me. (You have accomplished that on your own Borbre)

I get positive when positive things happen. Lately they have been few and far between. (Lately is around 10 years)

What I won't do is post speculative stuff like many others do. (Moe Harlkess is a middle first round draft pick)

I understand these things happen but it never seems to happen to the other guys. (excluding Villanova and Providence this year

Bobre, I respectfully disagree and have amended your comments for the record--- see above.

I suppose Maven did have some connections, but the whole atmosphere around him was like being back in 8th grade. If you were one of the"cool kids," he'd speak to you. Everyone else was beneath him to the point where he wouldn't respond to you unless you pissed him off.

Not sure what he's like in real life, but he was highly immature online.

I suppose Maven did have some connections, but the whole atmosphere around him was like being back in 8th grade. If you were one of the"cool kids," he'd speak to you. Everyone else was beneath him to the point where he wouldn't respond to you unless you pissed him off.

i'm not one of the "cool kids", but i can tell you in real life, maven and hit the gym are good people.

Early on posters appeared on this site with obvious anti-semitic and racist agendas. Maven ran them off so fast they did not know what hit them. I also know for a fact that Maven has tried to help facilitate placement of local athletes from high schools that dropped their sports. His imperfections are obvious but the picture of Maven as pure villain does not wash.

i'm not one of the "cool kids", but i can tell you in real life, maven and hit the gym are good people.

I remember someone commenting here years ago that real-world Hit was completely different from his online self. Wasn't sure about Maven.

I get positive when positive things happen. Lately they have been few and far between. (Lately is around 10 years)

What I won't do is post speculative stuff like many others do. (Moe Harlkess is a middle first round draft pick)

I understand these things happen but it never seems to happen to the other guys. (excluding Villanova and Providence this year

Bobre, I respectfully disagree and have amended your comments for the record--- see above.

Last year was fun and I rooted just as hard as you. Funny how you ignore my positive posts. The Harkless info comes from quotes from an NBA employee and a draft expert he knows very well. You don't know whether it's wrong or right but it is factual from real live sources as opposed to all the posts of personal opinions on who we're going to sign. I didn't push the Moe stuff because if it goes down we're half way to oblivion despite all the faith in Lavin wherever he may be. FWIW I did see a well regarded mock draft which had Moe going 8th overall. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. I wasn't aware Nova and PC were playing with five frosh starters and no bench but I'll take your word for it. Of course I'll look into it and take you to task if it's not true so that might be something to look forward to. Nice of you to "respectfully" disagree. I applaud your manners if not your facts.

"I didn't push the Moe stuff because if it goes down we're half way to oblivion despite all the faith in Lavin wherever he may be." - Bobre

Steve Lavin @STJCoachLavin
Catching flight back to NYC for tomorrow's Johnnie practice.

If you must know where he is...... :manga:

Last year was fun and I rooted just as hard as you. Funny how you ignore my positive posts. The Harkless info comes from quotes from an NBA employee and a draft expert he knows very well. You don't know whether it's wrong or right but it is factual from real live sources as opposed to all the posts of personal opinions on who we're going to sign. I didn't push the Moe stuff because if it goes down we're half way to oblivion despite all the faith in Lavin wherever he may be. FWIW I did see a well regarded mock draft which had Moe going 8th overall. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. I wasn't aware Nova and PC were playing with five frosh starters and no bench but I'll take your word for it. Of course I'll look into it and take you to task if it's not true so that might be something to look forward to. Nice of you to "respectfully" disagree. I applaud your manners if not your facts.

Dear Bob,
Please link us up with the mock draft you see Moe as 8th pick. It would be greatly appreciated. Also, my point with Nova and the Friars was that they ARE NOT playing with 5 freshmen as SJ and their play, IMO, has been mediocre at best. If your point was to miss the point you did an excellent job as usual. BTW, 8th on the draft means Moe is a lottery pick and I would be most happy for him!! Please link it so that I can post it on his FB wall. He will be ecstatic!
Thanks.

You are 100% correct. However, some people should never, ever have discussions on a fan site or sports blogs. Maven falls into that category. He is generous with SJ and his loyalty to the program almost to a fault. His patience with those that disagree with him is also a serious fault. In person he is a completely different persona. Most posters here are likely the same in person and I too have my cynical side that escapes at times but I will always be man enough to apologize.
The only visual I can leave you guys with when it comes to our sorry state of affairs this year is the scene from Animal House where they, like us, are all sitting around depressed and John Belushi says.."When the going gets tough.....but then can't remember the rest of the line...........that is how I picture a dozen of our posters here sitting around a big table at the Sly Fox.

I remember someone commenting here years ago that real-world Hit was completely different from his online self. Wasn't sure about Maven.
  Yeah it might have been me.

Hit's a very good guy in person. So is his dad

Dear Bob,
Please link us up with the mock draft you see Moe as 8th pick.

Here it is.

www.2012bobrefantasybasketballdraft.com

Dear Bob,
Please link us up with the mock draft you see Moe as 8th pick. It would be greatly appreciated. Also, my point with Nova and the Friars was that they ARE NOT playing with 5 freshmen as SJ and their play, IMO, has been mediocre at best. If your point was to miss the point you did an excellent job as usual. BTW, 8th on the draft means Moe is a lottery pick and I would be most happy for him!! Please link it so that I can post it on his FB wall. He will be ecstatic!
Thanks.

He probably saw it, but it was a 2013 mock draft. :$ 

Back