THE END IS NEAR!

RIP that site was great while this one was locked up.

Can someone please tell me why this site was locked up? 

The company handling the servers screwed Paul by losing aall his data and then claiming they had nothing to do with it, in a nutshell.
I'm sort of happy BEB is shutting down. The very first time I tried to log on to the site it told me I was banned and I had never even logged on, no less posted anything offensive. I checked periodically and still it wouldn't let me in so good riddance to bad rubbush!

The company handling the servers screwed Paul by losing aall his data and then claiming they had nothing to do with it, in a nutshell.
I'm sort of happy BEB is shutting down. The very first time I tried to log on to the site it told me I was banned and I had never even logged on, no less posted anything offensive. I checked periodically and still it wouldn't let me in so good riddance to bad rubbush!

I think 07 is referring to when registration was closed on this site at one point.

It's a shame that a few idiotic posters can destroy worthwhile conversation and, ultimately, kill a board. Unfortunately, those idiots never see anything wrong with what they are doing and they scream "censorship" when their posts are deleted.

Welcome back PMG911. 

Even he has seemed to post more on the Jungle than BEB recently. I think he'll probably find a Seton Hall board to call home. Did anyone stay to watch his CYO team last night?

Welcome back PMG911. 

Even he has seemed to post more on the Jungle than BEB recently. I think he'll probably find a Seton Hall board to call home. Did anyone stay to watch his CYO team last night?

BEB died the day Redmen.com opened membership again.
JJ is Jersey Dave's personal plaything. On JJ St. John's basketball history began in 2004. It is no country for old men:)

PMG I am sure is welcome to share his views here where the long-term fans have resided all along.
What is disappointing about all the fan boards is the personal animosity that takes over for even long-time posters.
The posters range in age from the teens to fans in their 80's (God Bless) but many times it is difficult to discern the mature from the immature posters.

A down year will bring out the worst in many fans and since we have had many down years now, except for Lav's first year, some folks have been "conditioned" to be negative and skeptical.
I hope that in the coming years everyone will be more supportive of the team.

Back in the day when Big East Boards was going strong the only school that had massive posts was St. John's and that was because of the inability to register on Redmen.com as noted here. It used to be interesting to go over there and get a different viewpoint and sometimes see the animosity towards Redmen.com posters. Sadly Maven left here and posted
exclusively at BEB always jabbing at someone. If he's not banned maybe he'll come back. Time will tell. 

Big East Boards died for one simple reason...there was a mass banning a few years ago. It was accidental, but dozens of contributing posters--like myself--were "banned" and log-in info was no loger valid.

I, for one, just started posting on JJ, because I didn't want to take the time to set up a new account and I didn't want a stupid name like Marillac3.. 

Back in the day when Big East Boards was going strong the only school that had massive posts was St. John's and that was because of the inability to register on Redmen.com as noted here. It used to be interesting to go over there and get a different viewpoint and sometimes see the animosity towards Redmen.com posters. Sadly Maven left here and posted
exclusively at BEB always jabbing at someone. If he's not banned maybe he'll come back. Time will tell. 

I sure hope not. Maven and his son sent me private messages, and even somehow found my AOL screen name harassing me and making fun of the fact that my father passed away while insulting my mother in the process. All because I disagreed with them about something (couldn't even tell you what it was about). I never visited that website after that and I've wished nothing but terrible things on the two of them since then. They can both rot in hell for all I care.

Big East Boards died for one simple reason...there was a mass banning a few years ago. It was accidental, but dozens of contributing posters--like myself--were "banned" and log-in info was no loger valid.

I, for one, just started posting on JJ, because I didn't want to take the time to set up a new account and I didn't want a stupid name like Marillac3.. 

Ahh! Thank you! now I understand my unwarrented banning! :furious:

WOW the stories on this thread I never new as each personal experience.

Personally I loved BEB. It was the wild wild west and when you came here you came guns blazing. The 1 thing I didn't like in the beginning is then the primary frustration was redmen.com being closed and BEB guys were killing my friends all the time for that. But after Pmg's party which he graciously set up I think we all settleled that nonsense and were all cool thereafter.

Heck even Krustynutz was there and I love that guy. He cracks me up but more importantly is a cool dude

I sure hope not. Maven and his son sent me private messages, and even somehow found my AOL screen name harassing me and making fun of the fact that my father passed away while insulting my mother in the process. All because I disagreed with them about something (couldn't even tell you what it was about). I never visited that website after that and I've wished nothing but terrible things on the two of them since then. They can both rot in hell for all I care.

Not surprising Bill.
One of a gazillion reasons they'll never be back here.

A Seton Hall board to call my home.. WTF does that mean.? I am a SJU fans 100% but just because i cheer for Seton Hall as my second team doesn't mean I am making them my home team now. I have long standing ties to the school and love to see them do well. My Father went to school and played baseball there.

I will put it this way... after my CYO team from NJ played and won at the the Rock Tuesday night after the SJU debacle, Kevin Willard very graciously
came over and spent some time with my kids and talked to them. The first thing he said to me when he came over was SORRY with a little smile on his face.

BEB is closing because the traffic is obviously down and the gentleman that has graciously provided a place for BIG EAST fans
to discuss the league and its teams has to move on. He has made it clear thatr the site can stay alive if someoine wants to continue it and take it over.

BEB was able to start and thrive because this site closed it membership for a long long time to a massive portion of the SJU fan base. As someone said above,
the site truly went south after this site re-opened membership.

Also, the entire time I was and a Moderator, only 4 people were truly banned from the site. One was Scotch and he has been banned every where and has never remerged.
All of the others were let back to BEB after a short period of time. We actually even tried to let Scotch come back at one point but he had vanished like fart in the wind.

Back