Staffing Rick

Shoes was connected locally and well respected. Would that translate into signings? Maybe. But he wasn’t taking up space like Richmond.

I think the current staff is excellent. Lot of respect for these guys especially Brown who is clearly being groomed for bigger things

Off topic but was looking for another Pitino thread but couldn't find it, so picking this one since no activity is going on here.

Before around 9:20pm there were 201 people on here and 70 were guests. 130 were members.

This is a mid April Sunday night, which is usually dead any other prior year.
Rick has been here less then a month and he's been a major boom for this site.
Paul, you're going to get 400 a night easily when Pitino really takes off and SJU becomes elite.
Hope you're ready.

Off topic but was looking for another Pitino thread but couldn't find it, so picking this one since no activity is going on here.

Before around 9:20pm there were 201 people on here and 70 were guests. 130 were members.

This is a mid April Sunday night, which is usually dead any other prior year.
Rick has been here less then a month and he's been a major boom for this site.
Paul, you're going to get 400 a night easily when Pitino really takes off and SJU becomes elite.
Hope you're ready.

**** Yes, it is good that Paul’s site gets increase visitors, but please understand that the site receives little advertising revensue.

This site is a financial loser to Paul. The site is run largely on donations.

Paul is not a wealthy man. He loses money maintaining the site.

If you regularly visit the site and you have not donated to assist Paul keeping the site going then please do so.

I recently communicated with a frequent poster who rationalized not donating to RedFan because they “contributed content”. No poster on the site should be so foolish to think the site is successful because of their “content”. Every regular comes to the site for their own enjoyment.

Please respect Paul’s efforts and step up and assist Paul by making a voluntary donation of whatever you can afford.

Thank you.

I knew Masiello go the Assoc. HC role, but was surprised to see that Van lost the Assoc HC title

I wonder if he just wanted to stay local...
It’s not always easy to get another AC job especially one near home. I’d love to hear an interview with van sometime to hear his perspective.

The whole thing so far just seems a bit odd. Not that we need to be privy to everything assistant coaches wise. Listed 3. Wasn’t included in the introduction of the other guys etc. To be the one guy who is “joined” by an entire new staff that has been working together, has to be interesting at the least. Probably has to find his role with a completely new setting. Huge fan of Van and glad he did stay.

It’s not always easy to get another AC job especially one near home. I’d love to hear an interview with van sometime to hear his perspective.

The whole thing so far just seems a bit odd. Not that we need to be privy to everything assistant coaches wise. Listed 3. Wasn’t included in the introduction of the other guys etc. To be the one guy who is “joined” by an entire new staff that has been working together, has to be interesting at the least. Probably has to find his role with a completely new setting. Huge fan of Van and glad he did stay.
Good pay, near home, where he has family, friends and numerous basketball connections to help on the recruiting front. He no doubt already knew and maybe even had a relationship with certain guys on the staff.

Back