St Johns Ladies on now

Congrats Ladies!!!.....Great win!.....KBA is a classy lady.....great interview at the end of the game.....let's beat Duke!! 

Game is Saturday night at 9:04 EST on ESPN. Winner will play Stanford/South Carolina winner on Monday.

And I'm sick of repeating it but will again. Very few people care about women's basketball. Tournament sites are awarded with the expectation that the host team is going to qualify and the attendance boost will make sure that teams don't play in front of 50 people. Host teams are at home regardless of seed, like Gonzaga as an 11 and Arkansas Little Rock as a 14.

The examples from just Tuesday night -- Marist and St. Bonnie played at Florida State. Attendance was 713. SJU and Oklahoma played in front of 4,789. GTown and Ga. Tech at North Carolina was enjoyed by 707. Cal and Notre Dame in South Bend drew 6,519.

St. John's will host next year. They will be playing in their own gym regardless of if they are a 1 or a 16. If things go well from a host standpoint, I would expect them to put in for hosting every year or so since the program is becoming a perrennial NCAA team and should be able to reap that benefit.

Tough to say if this was the biggest win ever for the program as the win at CONNU a few weeks ago was incredible but this is just fantastic as we are in the sweet sixteen for the first time ever and can and will only continue to garner more national attention.
Great, great win ladies over a top program on their home court.
Now off to face number two seed Duke which is a winnable game as one of their top players is suffering from an injury and may not be in top form.
Lets go ladies.  

Congratulations!!!!

I like the fact that many of the players are from New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. 

That was a GREAT win. OU had a huge advantage of being at home, there was some dubious calls against us and the foul trouble was mounting at the end... but we pulled it out with some clutch baskets.

Coach KBA has done such a wonderful job. I loved the camera shot of her leaving the court at the end of the game. She was chatting with her son, looking around, taking it all in. What a great experience for them both. 

Yes a great win for the ladies and an enjoyable game to watch. They are a tough team. Everytime OU made a run and the crowd got into the game, the ladies found a way to get some stops, score and re-build a lead.  Nice coaching job by KBA with the time-out calls a important moments and the plays they ran for buckets out of the time-outs. Also great job managing fouls.

Great job ladies, great job Kim, you make us proud!!!

In NJ they kept with the Delaware game on ESPN2, not our game that really wasn't good, not only that when I was watching and at half they didn't mention our game.

Keep it up Ladies, onto the Elite Eight and Final Four, wow, what a run.

I'd say the win in Storrs was the biggest win ever, but this is great! 

Thanks. Not a bad class but I guess to remain an upper echelon team will need some more higher rated recruits.  

To remain an upper-echelon team we need our four sophomores to improve as they have yet to live up to their high school rankings and potential.
The big girl coming in next season is a beast while the staff is high on the other two guards. They are still out recruiting for next season and may get a jc player.

I'm surprised there is no thread on the tough game that the ladies played against OU. It was close all the way but the ladies prevailed and move on to the Sweet Sixteen.

Forgot to add that they will be playing the Dukies, the no. 2 seed in the region, in case anyone didn't know. 

I was impressed with their intensity and aggressiveness. Tough defense created a lot of OU turnovers.

Back