Sports investing

Eric

Active member
This thread been quiet.   I’m exhausted from sports investing. It’s really a full time job in itself especially on a weekend with all the early action.   Don’t know about anyone else but between all these wonderful college games of opportunity and golf choices with head to head matchups daily and overnight European tour golf in Abu Dhabi and tennis overnight in Australia I’m exhausted.  Finally laid off an overnight bet last night and got a decent sleep.  But it’s been worth it financially so far.  A   Lot of my plays are last second or in game so I forget or don’t have time to log in here to post them.   I’ll try to post more if I like things in advance.  

Sports betting Is also a good distraction to our squad when we don’t win.  Which unfortunately is happening more than I had expected at this point.  
 
Last edited:

Eric

Active member
How is everyone doing in this regard?  How many on here started investing with the mobile/online opening??
 

monte

Well-known member
Eric post=455237 said:
How is everyone doing in this regard?  How many on here started investing with the mobile/online opening??
So far, so good. Started with $100 in both Draftkings and Fanduel, and up to around $350 in each. I do a lot high-odds of parleys, then hedge in-game. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Thankfully more hits then misses so far, but damn is this time consuming lol 
 

monte

Well-known member
mjmaherjr post=453676 said:
Glad I didnt take my winnings from Peru vs Colombia yesterday and put it on the Johnnies today
Laying off Johnnies today. Hit with them against GT, not pushing my luck 
 

SI1996

Well-known member
What's the take on the SB for those football investors? Still can't believe the Bengals are there. 4.5 spread.
 

monte

Well-known member
Crazy betting day yesterday. Came out slightly ahead, so thrilled based randomness of games. Went with Georgetown in 2 of my 3 parleys. One -7 and one at GT to win outright. Just a hunch, we'll see 
 

Eric

Active member
Monte post=455739 said:
Crazy betting day yesterday. Came out slightly ahead, so thrilled based randomness of games. Went with Georgetown in 2 of my 3 parleys. One -7 and one at GT to win outright. Just a hunch, we'll see 

weekends are nuts with all the college games for sure.   I hit the skids a little after a super hot start.   But hit a great outright golf win with tom hoge this weekend which changed things quickly!!!
Have wyoming to win outright going right now. 

 
 
Last edited:

monte

Well-known member
Eric post=455771 said:
Monte post=455739 said:
Crazy betting day yesterday. Came out slightly ahead, so thrilled based randomness of games. Went with Georgetown in 2 of my 3 parleys. One -7 and one at GT to win outright. Just a hunch, we'll see 

weekends are nuts with all the college games for sure.   I hit the skids a little after a super hot start.   But hit a great outright golf win with tom hoge this weekend which changed things quickly!!!
Have wyoming to win outright going right now. 


 
I have Wyoming too in 1 parlay, and Fresno in another. If Wyoming wins my rough day is salvaged and I about break even. If Fresno wins I finish down about $50
 

Eric

Active member
At least Wyoming won and was the better result for you.  They are a good team and if they make the tourney they will be great value.  
 

Eric

Active member
SI1996 post=455679 said:
What's the take on the SB for those football investors? Still can't believe the Bengals are there. 4.5 spread.


nfl not my favorite to bet.  But I side with bengals 
 
 

monte

Well-known member
Eric post=455776 said:
At least Wyoming won and was the better result for you.  They are a good team and if they make the tourney they will be great value.  
Congrats on the Wyoming W. When they were up in the 2nd half, and I was able to get Fresno on the plus side, I hedged to balance my proceeds no matter who won. So I actually wound up down $20 for the day. I can live with that.....just so long as it's not a regular occurrence lol 
 

Eric

Active member
Games I am looking at.  Bolded team is my lean with more research to follow.

FIU VS CHARLOTTE
UMASS LOWELL VS HARTFORD
GEORGE MASON VS RICHMOND OR JUST TOTAL OVER
SOUTH DAKOTA VS NORTH DAKOTA STATE

 
 

monte

Well-known member
Eric post=455843 said:
Games I am looking at.  Bolded team is my lean with more research to follow.

FIU VS CHARLOTTE
UMASS LOWELL VS HARTFORD
GEORGE MASON VS RICHMOND OR JUST TOTAL OVER
SOUTH DAKOTA VS NORTH DAKOTA STATE


 
I was toying with Richmond on the money line as part of a 3-4 team parley. You like GM getting points, or to win? I like FIU and UMASS L also, which means you should probably stay away lol. I've stayed clear of betting U/Os except in-game. 
 
Last edited:

Eric

Active member
Monte post=455846 said:
Eric post=455843 said:
Games I am looking at.  Bolded team is my lean with more research to follow.

FIU VS CHARLOTTE
UMASS LOWELL VS HARTFORD
GEORGE MASON VS RICHMOND OR JUST TOTAL OVER
SOUTH DAKOTA VS NORTH DAKOTA STATE




 
I was toying with Richmond on the money line as part of a 3-4 team parley. You like GM getting points, or to win? I like FIU and UMASS L also, which means you should probably stay away lol. I've stayed clear of betting U/Os except in-game. 

MASON WOULD BE WITH THE POINTS  RICHMOND PLAYING BETTER LATELY IF I TAKE THEM   BOTH TEAMS CAN SCORE IF HITTING THEIR 3'S   TOTAL IS PRETTY HIGH AT 152 SO THIS GAME COULD BE AN IN GAME IF SLOW START

Sorry about the CAPS lol.   Did not realize.
 
 
Last edited:

Eric

Active member
Monte might appreciate this. 

I jump on the under in game live bet on Florida Georgia first half (just before they both seem to start hitting every possession).  It was 67.5.  No joke. As soon as I took it.  Georgia scores. Then Florida.  For like the next 5 possessions.  The pace was ridiculous.   Then I see with like 2-3 min left in half.  They are at 64. I see a glimmer of hope if they just miss and don’t foul!!   2 min left. 2 foul shots made   Then nothing. Missed free throws. Turnovers leading to no points. UNTIL 1 sec left. Offensive rebound leads to that last second second chance layup. 68 points.  Amazing.  
 
Last edited:

Eric

Active member
Lets see some investments today!!   college. Nba. Superbowl. Tennis. And Golf!!  

I will be back with some selections
 

monte

Well-known member
Eric post=457079 said:
Lets see some investments today!!   college. Nba. Superbowl. Tennis. And Golf!!  

I will be back with some selections
Just got done placing my bets for the day. I got more super bowl parlays  then I can even keep track of, not to mention some college BB parlays and teasers. lol 
 

mjmaherjr

Well-known member
Monte post=457083 said:
Eric post=457079 said:
Lets see some investments today!!   college. Nba. Superbowl. Tennis. And Golf!!  

I will be back with some selections
Just got done placing my bets for the day. I got more super bowl parlays  then I can even keep track of, not to mention some college BB parlays and teasers. lol 
Big day in the House of Monte Today !! Surpised you aren't betting the olympics also :)
 
Top