SJU Portal Targets

Kids who were in the portal who pick a new team can go back in after May 1 if things suddenly don't work out with new team, right? Or am I imagining this?
Imagine alll the People....LOL

The reason Ledlum could commit, sign and enroll at Tennessee and then go back into the Portal and sign with SJU well after the deadline with NO PENALTY is because he was a GRAD transfer. That was LAST year.

But remember GRAD TRANSFERS are no longer allowed to enter at any point. They are bound by the deadline.

And again I don't believe the Portal itself closes on May 1, I believe May 1 iis the deadline to be in the Portal and not have to sit a year. Meaning if is July 4 and a player wants to re-enter the Portal there is nothing to stop them from doing it. But they missed the deadline and they will have to sit.

Imagine alll the People....LOL

The reason Ledlum could commit, sign and enroll at Tennessee and then go back into the Portal and sign with SJU well after the deadline with NO PENALTY is because he was a GRAD transfer. That was LAST year.

But remember GRAD TRANSFERS are no longer allowed to enter at any point. They are bound by the deadline.

And again I don't believe the Portal itself closes on May 1, I believe May 1 iis the deadline to be in the Portal and not have to sit a year. Meaning if is July 4 and a player wants to re-enter the Portal there is nothing to stop them from doing it. But they missed the deadline and they will have to sit.
I wonder about “verbal” transfer commits. What if a transfer commits to a new school but doesn’t sign. Then in July decides to go somewhere else. Technically they were never out of the portal right?

I’m just thinking of good reasons why guys shouldn’t just go in the portal regardless to have all their options available. Of course they could be at risk of their spot not being kept for them.

I wonder about “verbal” transfer commits. What if a transfer commits to a new school but doesn’t sign. Then in July decides to go somewhere else. Technically they were never out of the portal right?

I’m just thinking of good reasons why guys shouldn’t just go in the portal regardless to have all their options available. Of course they could be at risk of their spot not being kept for them.
Correct.

I believe when you sign scholarship paperwork you formally exit the Portal.

Aaron and Vince are signed and out of the Portal.

Ledlum signed with UT last year and exited the Portal.

Last edited:
I don’t want Isaacs but I trust Pitino with all matters, and one added bonus that every other (known) target doesn’t have is that he will just be a junior. He’s someone we can keep an additional year
Dave said he hadn't heard Pop Isaacs mentioned until today and thinks he's a fall-back option.

Heard Kadary had an interesting trip to the boroughs today 👀
commercial real estate cre GIF by thebrokerlist

Correct.

I believe when you sign scholarship paperwork you formally exit the Portal.

Aaron and Vince are signed and out of the Portal.

Ledlum signed with UT last year and exited the Portal.
Easiest way to know if they verballed vs. signed paperwork is when the school makes a press release/coach tweets about it.

Without reading all the way back through it seems as though our potential big targets are Omier and Isaacs, Omoruyi still floating around out there maybe, our potential PG targets are Richmond and Smith, and there isn't a lot of news about shooters. Am I on target?

Without reading all the way back through it seems as though our potential big targets are Omier and Isaacs, Omoruyi still floating around out there maybe, our potential PG targets are Richmond and Smith, and there isn't a lot of news about shooters. Am I on target?
Isaacs is a guard

Isaacs seems like a backup plan, but we're in his final three with Creighton & BYU and will be taking a visit.

Cliff is floating around. K-State discord source is saying Cliff wants to make a decision the second week of May and their staff won't wait that long. Georgetown discord said Cliff got paid to visit there. We'll see what happens there, but seems to be just speculation at this point that we're truly in it. Zach hasn't mentioned him as a major target/in the mix this week.

Kadary is a big target. He was on campus last night/this morning. Repole said it was a done deal, as did old friend Sammy Albano on twitter. But sju#79 said Duke is coming in hard. Who knows.

Omier is another big target, came into the portal with a "do not contact" tag & Trilly/Y2 both said he's ours (although no gif from Trilly which indicates 80% certainty).

Deivon Smith is another big target. Kentucky visit got cancelled due to transcripts/credits issue. We're still apparently trying to get him on campus but hard to tell how we can overcome those issues here.

I think that's the run down. lol

They are also interested in Poplar, a combo guard from Miami. Shot 38 percent from three and 85 percent from the line.

Back