SJU Portal Targets

He is not smith or kadary. Theres probably a bunch other id prefer. But letā€™s not pretend heā€™s garbage or that he canā€™t be better as an upperclassman.
My gut is negative but it's folly to second guess Rick.
If he thinks Pop I. is a viable choice, along with Kadary or Devian I'm okay with it.
He's the architect.

Factually , was he found with a 17 year old girl? With sexual assault being alleged ?
Justice in the Bahamas might not be as it is here in America .

All these words being thrown around are legal terms , not necessarily factual .

The Girl did sue him . As did the Goldman family against OJ . They received a guilty verdict with a Cash Award , which they never saw a Penny of .

Regardless of the legal conclusions , being sexually involved with a 17 year old girl is not a Character builder .

So Iā€™m guessing the goal is Omier and 2 of smith isaacs or kadary
I doubt it. I think weā€™re making a hard press on smith, Isaacā€™s and Kadary and will take whichever commits first

I donā€™t necessarily think that but I donā€™t think the type of player he is is the missing piece at the 2 assuming Kadary is the PG
I think smith or kadary obviously check a lot of boxes, most importantly lead ball handler. After that I think we are looking for a scorer at the guard spot. A great shooter would be that much better, but I donā€™t think Issacs is too far off from being characterized as a scoring off ball guard. Plus he comes from a great defensive program.

He shot 37% from 3 on nearly 7 attempts a game as a freshmen. Gets to the line at a good rate and shoots over 80%

We sure have come a long way in 5 or so days!

I think smith or kadary obviously check a lot of boxes, most importantly lead ball handler. After that I think we are looking for a scorer at the guard spot. A great shooter would be that much better, but I donā€™t think Issacs is too far off from being characterized as a scoring off ball guard. Plus he comes from a great defensive program.

He shot 37% from 3 on nearly 7 attempts a game as a freshmen. Gets to the line at a good rate and shoots over 80%

This feels insane to me but Field of 68 has Isaacs has the third best player in the portal, ahead of everyone but kadary mentioned in this thread.

I donā€™t completely hate the idea but just the super high volume part is what concerns me especially given the volume that Kadary, Luis and Omier will need. I think the ideal fit is a mid volume 3 and D type. That guy might not exist though to be fair.

Here are sophomore numbers by an absolutely beloved St. Johnā€™s 2g

17.8 pts 4.3 reb 2.2 ast 32% 3fg

Hereā€™s Issacā€™s
15.8 pts 3.2 reb 3.5 ast 30% 3fg

This feels insane to me but Field of 68 has Isaacs has the third best player in the portal, ahead of everyone but kadary mentioned in this thread.

Yeah, I agree, while I might be going to bat for him I donā€™t think thereā€™s any way heā€™s deserving of that.

I donā€™t want Isaacs but I trust Pitino with all matters, and one added bonus that every other (known) target doesnā€™t have is that he will just be a junior. Heā€™s someone we can keep an additional year

Thanks for pulling them but man they really mean nothing. They are so out of whack and I'm not even saying that from SJU perspective.
They are all over the place. Kerr Krissa one spot below Kadary...really!

Koby Brea who literally had every top program vying for him at 72...

All of this portal action is exciting. But what really concerns me, especially if we bring on Richmond, is we won't have nearly enough shooters. If you want to compete with UConn, well nearly all of their guys these past couple of years could shoot it at a high level.

What about Ayoā€™s feelings?

Not sure what you do for a living but I surmise you are a financial advisor of some sort.
If I am wrong, probably what follows is irrelevant.
But if right, why would Omoyuri trying to maximize maybe the best chance he will likely ever have to generate the kind of money it appears multiple ā€œsomeonesā€ are willing to give him elicit a ā€œF himā€?
He didnā€™t create this ā€œFfaceā€ situation but in reality he is just not that great a ball player and he would be a damn fool to not do what he is doing. He may be overplaying his hand but it seems you are offended by him playing it.
Just curious because other posts you have made in the past makes this post from you very surprising to me.
He had a visit scheduled. Cancelled last minute. Blamed classes. Never rescheduled. Even though he is 90 minutes away. Then he visited bunch of schools far away. Liar. Dishonest. Untrustworthy. Etc. Etc. Pass.

These rankings are all over the place.

But I believe that ranking is based on AVAILABLE transfers, meaning those who have not already commited or signed with a team. Not a list of ALL TRANSFER...

Kids who were in the portal who pick a new team can go back in after May 1 if things suddenly don't work out with new team, right? Or am I imagining this?

Back