SJU Portal Targets

Never watched Pryor play. His highlights remind me of a poor man’s Grant Nelson. Questions I have would be does he have any sort of post up game and can he defend physically stronger forwards.

I think we need to be open to a very fluid front court rotation.

Right now we only have two front court players in the rotation - Zuby and Vince (not expecting much from Maker). Pitino said today the next scholarship is going to a PF. Very interested to see which PF we go after.

some history back when inclusive of SJ offer.

While not beefy, he was South Florida’s starting center. If we want to offer significant minutes to a front court guy I thinks it’s going to need to be someone who can play both 4 and 5.
This is really an only-one-basketball problem for me. Kid dribbles A LOT for someone we want to play at the 4 and 5.

Shooting is clearly legit…he will absolutely stretch the floor. Feet look good on defense…strength is the primary question there.

Only 18 blocks if you take out his Rice game seems odd with his athletic profile, but maybe he’s a position guy.

He would have to bend the knee to Luis to work, because we all know Luis likely isn’t doing that to anyone.

Thought he was as much to blame as anyone for the struggles and I do think he is partially to be blamed for Dingle and Soriano struggles. Luis seemed impervious to anything getting in way of getting his shots off though.

Now it's clear why Rick passed on Bensley and Kriisa. Not sure why he entertained them in the first place but passing on them makes complete sense in retrospect
You mean Pitino knows what he is doing??

This is really an only-one-basketball problem for me. Kid dribbles A LOT for someone we want to play at the 4 and 5.

Shooting is clearly legit…he will absolutely stretch the floor. Feet look good on defense…strength is the primary question there.

Only 18 blocks if you take out his Rice game seems odd with his athletic profile, but maybe he’s a position guy.

He would have to bend the knee to Luis to work, because we all know Luis likely isn’t doing that to anyone.

Well said.

lol I can’t believe this guy is knocking us for taking both Smith and Richmond. Neither is a bad shooter, both can get a lot of scoring done. Oh, and we also have shooters like Lefteris, Glover, Dunlap etc. more importantly than pure shooting numbers is that both guys are very productive diatributors, scorers as well as rebounders and defenders. We wil play plenty of games where we have 4 guard/wings on the floor.

Back