SJU Portal Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trilly updates:

Kadary
from the OU Hoops reporter from Rivals: "So Kadary Richmond was supposed to visit Syracuse this weekend but canceled that visit so that he could be in Norman this weekend.”

Someone on the discord said, "Reeks of we had all this money for Padilla and Garrison - but now you can have some of that sir. Same with you Miles." Trilly said that's a "pretty good assessment of the situation"

Trilly: And Kadary better be careful because I could see Pitino dropping him for taking all these other visits.

Smith
"Still a bit to go, but I’d put the Johnnies in the top tier with Washington for Deivon."

Trilly updates:

Kadary
from the OU Hoops reporter from Rivals: "So Kadary Richmond was supposed to visit Syracuse this weekend but canceled that visit so that he could be in Norman this weekend.”

Someone on the discord said, "Reeks of we had all this money for Padilla and Garrison - but now you can have some of that sir. Same with you Miles." Trilly said that's a "pretty good assessment of the situation"

Trilly: And Kadary better be careful because I could see Pitino dropping him for taking all these other visits.

Smith
"Still a bit to go, but I’d put the Johnnies in the top tier with Washington for Deivon."

I’d only see Pitino dropping Kadary if he for sure felt like he had Smith wrapped up.

With the portal closed now we’re at the point it’s clear that next season’s outcome is fully dependent on how this Omier recruitment shakes out. Y2 and others seem very confident on our end but as we know in the portal nothing is a done deal until a player signs and even then a coach has to keep recruiting him. Omier isn’t committed yet and other schools feel like they have a puncher’s chance at the very least.

Seems extremely likely we’ll be getting at least one of Kadary/Smith. I don’t know if getting both is a possibility but seems like it would take a major fumbling to not secure either one. If it’s one or the other I’d personally prefer Kadary due to the defensive flexibility he’d offer but can’t go wrong with either one.

With the portal closed now we’re at the point it’s clear that next season’s outcome is fully dependent on how this Omier recruitment shakes out. Y2 and others seem very confident on our end but as we know in the portal nothing is a done deal until a player signs and even then a coach has to keep recruiting him. Omier isn’t committed yet and other schools feel like they have a puncher’s chance at the very least.

Seems extremely likely we’ll be getting at least one of Kadary/Smith. I don’t know if getting both is a possibility but seems like it would take a major fumbling to not secure either one. If it’s one or the other I’d personally prefer Kadary due to the defensive flexibility he’d offer but can’t go wrong with either one.
Agree, one of two of guards seems likely while Omier remains sought after, but feel the needle on “iffy” early in week seems to have moved our way. Insane, unpredictable, exhausting stuff.

Agree, one of two of guards seems likely while Omier remains sought after, but feel the needle on “iffy” early in week seems to have moved our way. Insane, unpredictable, exhausting stuff.
Obviously Omier would be a great get but I think if we landed one of Smith or Kadary and Ledlum returns or we get the Texas kid we’d be in good shape. I think getting a top pg is key.

Thank you to all the guys like Paultz and Sju79 etc for trying to keep up with all of this and telling us what you hear can’t be easy the way things change at the drop of a hat.
Also Mug, Dave, Mase, dk423, SJ11 too, sorry if I missed someone. Portal is exhausting, but info on the site is great, thx all

Last edited:
1000%
Thank you to all the guys like Paultz and Sju79 etc for trying to keep up with all of this and telling us what you hear can’t be easy the way things change at the drop of a hat.

Let’s finish the month with one of Kadary/Smith and one of Omier/Mitchell and trust Pitino’s track record in player development and getting every ounce of talent outta kids

Icing on the cake would be Dingle to many including myself

I feel we still
Land kadary honestly . Can't blame him for seeing what else is out there ..... pitino is not dropping a player for taking other visits that's just a stupid take

Not sure what exactly y2 means by 3 for 3 but I’ve heard we can only afford 2 of the 3 fwiw.

But I also have heard Smith’s credits issue is real and may cost him money and leverage in NIL talks.

Still confident we land Kadary as of now and are right there with the others.
Maybe that helps us get all 3?

Not getting my hopes up but sheesh, i need a break from these swings. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back