SJU Portal Targets

Healthy or not, I don't see anything that warrants a top 50 ranking and certainly not a top 25. Predicting the center position is the hardest thing in college basketball. You can't teach 7'1 250, though, and we all saw firsthand how that kind of size can impact a game in the right situation with a barely ambulatory Curtis Johnson.

I think he can be very good on the offensive glass. He's going to struggle in space on defense, but I don' think he will be a total liability and will be better than Soriano (who was awful). It comes down to how well Pitino can get him to block shots and anticipate.

Maker I think will be a stud by his junior year. I love that kid's potential regardless of his ranking. He's a top 50 caliber recruit. Just my 2 cents.

I'm glad you qualified your statement with "by his junior year". Most of the roster and all the bigs will be gone by then . Short term he needed someone above him and VI is that guy even if he's not Kalkenbrenner.

Shooting percentages and assist to turnover ratio not good.

Haven't seen much of him but based on volume of shots seems to me he's a 2 so maybe not as vital. Toussaint was their point (blast meet past) I might like him better if his three point percentage came together . . . like in his frosh year.

I was saying to stay away from him not just cause of the allegations with the underage girl but also the discipline issues with his coaching staff just sounds like a kid with a lot of disciplinary issues.
I'm wondering are folks confusing the comment about KR's issues with coach and practice with the legal issues of Pops Isaacs. Kid started every game and played 33 mins per for Tech so I don't see a disconnect between him and the coach.

Edit: Sorry, see NC already posted this.

Also Isaacs was found neither guilty nor not guilty. No charges were ever filed. It's a civil case.

Last edited:
I'm wondering are folks confusing the comment about KR's issues with coach and practice with the legal issues of Pops Isaacs. Kid started every game and played 33 mins per for Tech so I don't see a disconnect between him and the coach.
Exactly. The comment about slacking off in practice and not getting along with Willard clearly didn't apply to Pop who never played for Willard.

My bad trying to work and still keep up with all this insanity kind of combined two different things into the same player took half of what was said about kadary and combined it with legal issues of isaacs lol long day sorry.

not going to lie i didnt pay any attention to ACC and never saw Miami play last year. Had NO idea who Omeir was... and now he is "essential to my mental state, emotional well being and ability to perform in bed" as you say!!!!!!
I go to say, the “mental state and emotional well being” part you and the original poster might want to keep to yourselves but the “ability to perform in bed” is way too much information. ;)

Is Rick actively trying to assemble the Avengers?

Captain America Running GIF by Marvel Studios

Would be thrilled with either KR/Smith at PG. Any chance we can still get Cliff, the O kid from MIA, and one of those PG’s? Or am I just dreaming? Now that would be a clear T25 team.

That the same Adam Zagoria who said Mike Anderson would be returning? That guy is a clown and a St. John's hater.
Not a fan of Zags, but let’s not kid ourselves we will have plenty of competition for Kadary’s services whether it’s Arkansas or another high major.

I hope he isn’t looking at Arkansas because that could be a good fit for him in the sense that a) Cal puts a lot of people in the NBA b) it will be kadary’s team c) kadary will benefit from the extra media attention if he does well.

Hopefully, kadary is who Repole has been saving his dry powder for.

He was involved with an underage girl. No thanks.
He was alleged to have been involved with an underage girl. The suit was dropped according to the article and he was planning a defamation lawsuit against the alleged victim’s parents. Was the suit dropped because the allegations were false; the parents did not want to be sued for something they knew was false; the parents did not want to be named in his lawsuit which people could incur who the alleged under age victim was. Who knows why.

I recall a Brooklyn kid years ago who was on a visit to Syracuse. While there he was accused of rape causing multiple programs to stop recruiting him. Long story short, a preliminary hearing was held and the case was dismissed as evidence (including witnesses statements) proved his innocence. The judge even issued an apology while dismissing the case.

Yes charges like these should be taken seriously and it’s despicable that these things happen, but sometimes they are false allegations.

Due diligence must be done as always.

Not a fan of Zags, but let’s not kid ourselves we will have plenty of competition for Kadary’s services whether it’s Arkansas or another high major.

I hope he isn’t looking at Arkansas because that could be a good fit for him in the sense that a) Cal puts a lot of people in the NBA b) it will be kadary’s team c) kadary will benefit from the extra media attention if he does well.

Hopefully, kadary is who Repole has been saving his dry powder for.
It will be Boogie’s team. Don’t kid yourself. Although Kadary is much more talented and physically mature. Coach Cal has probably made that promise to Mr. Fland.

Back