SJU Portal Targets

Good points, but having been one of those “jerkoffs” myself, I wouldn’t be so hard on them. I think we all love this program and I very much appreciate the anxiety after all the years of suffering.
We are all jerkoffs in our own way.

My biggest gripe is this sense by some that they are "entitled" to know exactly what is going on and when some rumored target begins to fade the immediate assumption is the plan is falling apart as if they know what the plan is or what is going on to begin with.

Or better yet if Pitino himself cares what we all think about his plan.

If he's is or was that conflicted and it was that close a call think we should wait until he commits as 11th hour change of heart is still possible. We have seen it before.
Yeah, fingers crossed on both hands, for sure.

Couldn't agree with you more about Smith, Paultz. If we bring on a guard, especially a PG, I would love it to be him. Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit. His stats (including 7 apg) are something else. Hoping Pitino can do his magic and reel him in.
Allow me to harp on “Get Smith please”! Honestly I think with the makeup of the roster Smith is true missing link and to me a more important “get” than Cliff.

You guys are good! I don't remember 'arc levels', lol.
Oh now I get it, I saw what appeared to be random former NBA players names being bandied about. I have to go with a previous player mentioned, Shawn Marion.

Oh now I get it, I saw what appeared to be random former NBA players names being bandied about. I have to go with a previous player mentioned, Shawn Marion.
Definitely hard to forget Shawn Marion’s high arcing shot; had a very nice NBA career with some good Suns teams.

You guys are good! I don't remember 'arc levels', lol.
Don’t worry. With the proliferation of statistics overrunning sports, I am sure there will be an “arc level exit” - derived from baseball’s “exit velocity” - measuring shooting percentages for individual players and their corresponding effects on rebounds per shot, based on how much or little arc is in the shot.

Last edited:
Great job by Pitino and Co. to close the deal on Scott. He looks like a really nice piece to me. With only three scholarships remaining, we need two guards and have to figure out our PF situation. Two of these last three ships need to be true difference makers. The Utah guard is at the top of my list!
Let’s celebrate after it becomes official.

Next year I am logging off for portal season and logging back on at the end to avoid the inevitable overreactions and bed wetting that happen in real time during the process.

There are lots of players out there, as long as you have a legit program and the necessary dollars you can land pieces that will potentially work for you.

Then time will tell whether you chose well or coached what you got well.

SJU seems on the road to filling needs for a center, wing, PG and shooter

Next year I am logging off for portal season and logging back on at the end to avoid the inevitable overreactions and bed wetting that happen in real time during the process.

There are lots of players out there, as long as you have a legit program and the necessary dollars you can land pieces that will potentially work for you.

Then time will tell whether you chose well or coached what you got well.

SJU seems on the road to filling needs for a center, wing, PG and shooter
I especially agree with this if we only have 4 or less spots to fill, which I think everyone wants to be the case.

Back