Rick Pitino - Head Coach at St John’s University!!!

who gets favored ?-Football schools because it is all about money and taking care of your business partners. Big East teams don't play football and are associated with the wrong tv network. If its close we get left out.

We need to know who gets favored and why.
We need to know about anti- New York, Anti Big East, Anti Pitino bias.

We need to know who on the selection committee is dicking us and why.

Bottom line, we have to be much better so selection is a given.
We are the easiest conference to screw...there are no repercussions. It's that simple. They want St. John's in I believe for the market, but we weren't even in the last four out and maybe not even the last eight.

We need to know who gets favored and why.
We need to know about anti- New York, Anti Big East, Anti Pitino bias.

We need to know who on the selection committee is dicking us and why.

Bottom line, we have to be much better so selection is a given.
We also need to know what our Conference Commissioner has done for the last 6 months regarding this. She is hiding out again!

We are the easiest conference to screw...there are no repercussions. It's that simple. They want St. John's in I believe for the market, but we weren't even in the last four out and maybe not even the last eight.
I don’t believe that they necessarily want St. John’s in the tournament. I agree with Beast. I’ve said it before and I stand by it, I believe that in order for Big East team to get in they have to be ranked. Any Big East team that is not ranked will not get in. Those at-large bids will go to the major football conference schools.

I don’t believe that they necessarily want St. John’s in the tournament. I agree with Beast. I’ve said it before and I stand by it, I believe that in order for Big East team to get in they have to be ranked. Any Big East team that is not ranked will not get in. Those at-large bids will go to the major football conference schools.
Villanova and yukon have won 6 of the last 14 ships.

🎵 My name is Rick 🎵
🎵 I horse around in stables 🎵
🎵 And if you're a hot woman 🎵
🎵 I'll put you on a . . . er, never mind
Last year was a horror show but always foolish to base prognostications on one year. MG, I am not ready to say Big East teams need to be in top 25 to get in but this coming year will be instructive.

Last year was a horror show but always foolish to base prognostications on one year. MG, I am not ready to say Big East teams need to be in top 25 to get in but this coming year will be instructive.
They don't have to be. Seton Hall was the second team out last year, with 5 bid stealers, an unheard of number.

DePaul killed the league last year. Everyone playing then twice hurt the league-wide metrics. Georgetown didn't help either, although they were at least competitive in most of their games. Not everyone in the ACC had to play Louisville twice.

Plus, there's one more at large spot this year, with the Pac 12 now just a two team league. They lost their automatic bid.

Last edited:
Villanova and yukon have won 6 of the last 14 ships.
Their spots in the tournament were not in question. Once they are in the powers that be can’t control, although UCONN as a four seed two years ago was a joke. Different discussion but more importantly welcome back

🎵 My name is Rick 🎵
🎵 I horse around in stables 🎵
🎵 And if you're a hot woman 🎵
🎵 I'll put you on a . . . er, never mind
Chorus: The N, C, Double-A

Stripping me of of wins like it’s Rick’s Cabaret

Val Ackerman? More like Val Acrimony

That big bird looking b*tch had one job to do but proved to be a phoney

I understand what you’re saying NCJohnnie. We had five bid stealers last year but they took 3 of those spots from the Big East and the Mountain West, a football conference got 6 bids and then failed miserably. Why give the Mountain West 6 bids?

Their spots in the tournament were not in question. Once they are in the powers that be can’t control, although UCONN as a four seed two years ago was a joke. Different discussion but more importantly welcome back
Thanks. I was just trying to point out what a major mistake the football schools would make if they chose to be so petty. When yukon won it all 16 months ago, they finished 5th in conference. Marquette went out early (Kolek foul problems) and Creighton lost a heartbreaker.

Back