Recruiting

I think you get a stud top 35 recruit at guard in the next class or two to overlap with Wilcher. Then you get a wing and big man to overlap with Glover and Maker. That’s all we need with a very solid ground of youngsters in the multiple transfer era.

You could also save yourself a ton of recruiting time by just spending a weekend analyzing the play and stats of a freshman that outperformed his high school rank in college.

Yeah, if you can get a top 35 go for it. But for others with NIL budgets being what they are if a frosh potential 7/8 man wants to get paid as much as the jr transfer who has already proven himself on the court go with the experience. At least in the NBA when you draft on potential you have rookie salary limitations.

Portal with a sprinkle of high school is how I see this playing out over the next few years. Rick has what 3-5 years left I think he sees the path to win now more with these veteran transfers.

Maybe but it’s tough to “build” a program where tge majority of the kids are 1 year transfers. I still believe that a solid base of great GS talent is the best way to go.

Back