Recruiting

tom in salem

As I've only recently returned, who's the recruiting expert these days?

Deron Rippey Jr out of Blair Academy just had Arkansas, North Carolina, Rutgers, Providence, Miami, South Carolina, UConn, Indiana, GA Tech, & Purdue watch him, I’m told.

No 21. prospect & No. 3 PG in class of '26 per 247.

Huge summer.

When your 7 man staff can't send 1 coach to look at a kid we lead for........

I think Dave said on his podcast/confirmed by Zach + Roger that the focus is on the portal right now and not much on the '25 class. But I also feel like with this staff there's few leaks & things have moved quickly in the past.

Deron Rippey Jr out of Blair Academy just had Arkansas, North Carolina, Rutgers, Providence, Miami, South Carolina, UConn, Indiana, GA Tech, & Purdue watch him, I’m told.

Huge summer.

I believe we were there too

Huge summer.

As I wrote on another thread Van is there this weekend.

Van was there. Rippey seems to be the only player we are heavily involved with.

Goes to a point I brought up on the podcast...it seems like SJU is not putting an emphasis on exhausting resources on freshmen. That's how it seems...what the truth is who knows...

It’s simple IMO, the time spent in the gym with the current group is more important than spending large time and energy on HS recruits. Especially when the biggest gets will now be transfers. It’s not something to forget about completely, and I’m sure they havnt, but priorities have changed.

It’s simple IMO, the time spent in the gym with the current group is more important than spending large time and energy on HS recruits. Especially when the biggest gets will now be transfers. It’s not something to forget about completely, and I’m sure they havnt, but priorities have changed.
There’s enough time to do everything. This ain’t football where they recruit around 150 kids to sign 25. We can target 10 kids to get 2-3. More coaches can recruit now wth the rule changes and off season work outs and practices are severely limited time wise. Less time on the golf course more time recruiting or we’ll be stuck in the morass we’ve been in for the last 25 years. (Not saying staff isn’t spending the time just responding to those who think we don’t need to). Kids today want the time, atttention and the luv to be shown to them. Of course NIL is very important also.

There’s enough time to do everything. This ain’t football where they recruit around 150 kids to sign 25. We can target 10 kids to get 2-3. More coaches can recruit now wth the rule changes and off season work outs and practices are severely limited time wise. Less time on the golf course more time recruiting or we’ll be stuck in the morass we’ve been in for the last 25 years. (Not saying staff isn’t spending the time just responding to those who think we don’t need to). Kids today want the time, atttention and the luv to be shown to them. Of course NIL is very important also.
I doubt they are ignoring it. Remember, one full time coach is gone for the summer already. Van has been mentioned on the road.

I don’t find it worrisome at all IMO

Back